2013 Sorento LX with 2.4L GDI engine
By drivven on
2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased the Sorento in September and since have put on 3900 miles. The mpg is not as advertised even tho I am a judicious driver, making sure the ECO indicator is on for over 95% of my driving. My combined hiway/city mileage is perhaps 21mpg (hand calculated and not read off the display). The handling is surprisingly good for a vehicle this size and shape. The performance is adequate although my previous vehicle was a BMW 540i so there is no comparison there. I'm still trying to get used to the site lines especially when backing up. The backup camera is "useful" altho I still prefer to look back through the rear window when backing. Interior; great. Exterior; nice lines.
Favorite Features
The convenience of a large enough storage space to carry my golf clubs sideways. Other SUVs this size do not accommodate golf clubs sideways. The UVO gimmick is nice although I've had to replace its guts already because it lost my jukebox capability. I love where the USB port is; not buried in the compartment between the seats. Bluetooth is handy. The ride is very good and the handling is a surprise, a pleasant surprise. The Koreans are on to something here. The fit and finish are close to exceptional. The vehicle does not look cheap inside although I know the materials are not top of the line. The higher seating position has made ingress/egress more comfortable for my ailing hip.
Suggested Improvements
The one disappointment, other than the gas mileage which KIA is compensating me for, is the lack of an external temperature indicator. If I'd have paid $3000 more I would've gotten this feature along with individual driver/passenger temp controls, but instead I paid $10 for a remote thermometer and mounted the sending unit in an area exposed to the outside. It's not as accurate as the factory one but it's one heckuva lot cheaper! Rear site lines are still a puzzle to me. The rear camera is ok but I have trouble looking ahead when I'm backing up. Old habits die hard.
By bay4side
on 09/18/14 16:45 PM (PDT)

I have been driving my 2013 Sorento EX v6 FWD for three weeks. I like everything about it except for the very hard ride I was experiencing. I checked the air pressure and my tires were about 6psi too low each. The ride quality, although still hard is much better. The seats are very comfortable and the lumbar feature in the driver seat is great. The V6 is powerful and smooth. The 3rd row seats are for little people only and I don't expect to use them very much. The double moon roof is everyone's favorite . The NAV system is good,the sound system with the Xtreme speakers are great. Backup camera is a great feature. The HVAC system is very good. The SUV is also very attractive in the bright silver color. I will brag when I tell you my son gave me this vehicle. Thanks Dave.