Used 2013 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Update- 5 months and 6,000 miles, still loving it
By richardar6

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First, let me tell you that I'm picky. I've owned a lot of vehicles, from cars, to Suv's, to pickup trucks. I love to drive, and the Auto Shows are my Disney World. I wanted a lot for my money and I wanted a well made vehicle that will last. I got what I wanted so far. 6,000 miles so far and not 1 issue. Do I get advertised MPG? No, but I never have on any vehicle I've owed. I didn't get the V6 because I wanted great MPG's. (even the Honda fit I use as company car doesn't get advertised MPG) Anyway, I researched, I test drove, and I got exactly what I expected. Very happy with my decision!

The V6 (Speed freaks- this is your engine- 2 speeding tickets the 1st month I had it) UVO- a must for large music collections (and she's very polite) Handling- great at avoiding those people making a right from the left lane Fit and finish are Excellent! Infinity Sound will please most people Dual pane sunroof is great Back-up camera- is a must

Ride is a little firm (but I knew that because I test drove it and did my research- great handling was the trade off) Wind Noise is excessive at high speeds- but hey- this is an aerodynamic brick after all. Some road noise. That's it, and I hear most issues have been addressed with 2014 refresh. To those who complain and really hate the ride, did you not test drive your vehicle? Ride is subjective, but really, if you test drove it and didn't like it, why did you still get it? Really?

Great SUV but one problem
By kr2880

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car looks and handles great on local and on the interstate. However, when I am waiting at a red light with the SUV in drive, there is a definite vibration that you can feel through out the car. I have had the car checked by Kia service including the District Service MGR and have been told that this is normal for the SUV. For an SUV with a sticker price close to $36000, I didn't expect a vibration to be considered normal! Hopefully KIA will come up with a fix!

Eliminate the vibration!!!!

Sorry But MPG Sucks
By electricnow

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle is great in every other way other than The MPG. My wife drives it most of the time and we both get the same results. 21-22.5 city and Hwy. The 22.5 was all interstate, two people in the car with no cargo. I am 61 yrs young and have had many brands of vehicles over the years and have had only two, Honda and Toyota that got the claimed MPG. I looked at the Honda CR-V but they would not give us enough for the trade and would not knock off enough on the car.

Style

MPG

MPG
By bunnyskier

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love my Sorento. It is one of the best looking SUV's out there. I have gotten 27 MPG on the Hwy. I took a trip camping with 4 girls and all our gear and got 24 MPG. This is partial hwy and partial mountain driving with plenty of steep grades. I use the ECO option to keep my foot and pedal in check.

Love the tip-tronic automatic transmission.

Stop Bashing the MPG Numbers!
By kenjill

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

People, please stop bashing the MPG numbers with this vehicle. Our Sorento vehicle gets the MPG figures, as advertised. I bet there is a direct corrolation between those who get "poor" MPG and bad driving habits ("jack-rabbit" acceleration, braking too hard, using AC or heat too much, and yes, texting while driving, etc). I also own a Kia Optima SX Turbo and I average 30-32 MPG per tank...let me repeat that - over 30 MPG with a Turbo! If you improve your driving habits, then your "real world" MPG numbers will go up considerably. Otherwise, the vehicle is fine so far...a great value for the money.