2013 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
it's a great vehicle except the shock absorber
By tazirose on 11/27/12 16:54 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

we just purchased a 2013 kia sorento and we thought since we have the SX it will be great. only to find out that it gets really bumpy on the road. we had a 2008 toyota rav4 and compare to the shock, the ride is smooth. if i could just switch the shock absorber from my rav4 to the sorento and my car will be PERFECT!!

Really like this car but with minor tweaks it would be great
By mkc1 on 11/01/12 19:50 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like this car. It looks good and the ride is smooth and very quite. The V6 has good get up and go. I test drove the 4 cylinder GTL and felt it lacked power. This model comes fully loaded and has great features. It doesn't however get the stated gas mileage. I get around 22 in the city and 24 - 25 highway. I recommend this car for the price and the warranty but it would be an awesome car with a few tweaks.

Poor Reliability and Poor Service
By neveragain727 on 10/30/12 21:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a new 2012 Kia Sorento for our daughter in college in 08/2011. She put 9,800 miles on the car so far with all the normalized services being up to date. This Saturday 10/27/2012, she drove from Miami to Naple, and this car died on I-75! Thank the Lord that neither she nor her friend got hurt! She had it towed to Fuccillo Kia dealership in Cape Coral, FL. This dealership did the initial evaluation that day, but could not diagnosed the reason why the car died! Thus, my 20 year old daughter had to leave the car in the Cape Coral Kia dealership, and no one at this dealership offered to help her getting a loaner/ rental car through Kia warranty coverage! My daughter had to ask her friend to drive from Miami (an hour and 45 minutes away) to pick her up and bring her back to Miami that evening! Of course, nothing was done on Sunday. On Monday, the Cape Coral Kia dealership had to ask that we should contact our Kia dealership in Clearwater to fax all the service records to them as all the Kia dealerships'service databases are separated with no connectivity or sharing capability among them. I called the National Kia Customer Service to ask for help as the Clerwater Kia dealership did not respond initially to our request. The toll-free National Kia Customer Service lady said that Kia National headquarter does not have any data on services at any of their dealerships, but she gave me a case # and her extension to call back or communication, which I thought initially as being very nice and helpful ( I even did a survey for her and gave her high marks!) I have to call the Clearwater Kia dealership's service manager to ask for help in faxing the service records to the Cape Coral Kia dealership to finally getting this done. After reviewing the well documented 3 services (on 08/11/11, 1/13/2012, and 06/11/2012), the Cape Coral Kia dealership agreed that we have had the car well-maintained by a Kia dealership during our short ownership, but th engine died fro unknown reason. The service manager there suggested that they will have to rebuilt the engine! We asked if this issue had been reported on other Kia Sorentos, and he replied that he does not or aware of any national recall nor issue with the Kia Sorento having premature engine failure. We asked that the engine should be replaced with a new engine from Kia factory in the Atlanta, Georgia plant in USA, rather from a rebuilt engine. The manager said that he will try to request for that. We requested that while the car being serviced under a Kia warranty-issue if my daughter could get a rental or loaner car for her to get to class at college. The dealership reported that they could do a rental car up to $30/day coverage only. However, since our daughter is 20 yo, she could not rent the car from any rental companies! The dealership insisted that they have no loaner car available for her to use! I called the Kia toll-free national customer service four times (twice on Monday 10/29/12 and twice on Tuesday 10/30/2012) using the previously given extension # to the service lady, Melinda. I was not able to get in touch with her either time, and upon calling back other customer service agents reviewed our case #, reporting that nothing was in our case report! So why created a case # and giving me an extension #!? At this time, we are waiting for Kia's decisions to replace the engine, and to consider helping our daughter a way to get back from Miami to Cape Coral! With this occurence of the failed engine on a new 2012 Kia Sorento with 9,800 miles after one year of ownership, I have to say that I am very disappointed in this car and with the above service issues from Kia National Customer Service Center! Thus, I would NOT recommend this car nor this car company to anyone at this time! Hopefully, this automotive company will learn to improve their quality and service in the future!

2013 Kia Sorento 4cyl LX w/GDI
By jemini48 on 10/30/12 14:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this about 4 days ago after researching most all SUV's. I went with the Sorento for style, price, and the cargo area. So far im pleased with the handling, GDI engine is peppy enough off the line and gets up to freeway speeds quick enough. Wish i had a power seat and outside temp indicator. Gas mileage so far is exactly as advertised, 22-23 city, Highway 31-32, and mixed about 25-26.

Who paid the EPA off
By jlaures on 10/22/12 07:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Got your Attention, I hope so . 2.4 AWD w/ 9000miles convenience package. Hereís the deal, this car runs and drives great. Road noise I place in the top ten for quiet. Handling is very good, I like firm but nibble. The transmission while in the ECO mode hunts more than my golden retriever, I thought my toyota shifted a lot, trying to keep that ECO light on is a trick but doable why I donít know. The beige interior stains very easily DO NOT drop a french fry. The fuel mileage indicator on the dash says what I thinks its supposed to 18-20city 26-29 on the highway. With a average of 22.5 to24. Life

My 2nd Kia sorento
By darda71 on 10/18/12 09:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2nd Kia Sorento, I had a 2011 LX with the 4-cy and my lease was up and I upgraded to the SX V6.. I looked at many different SUV's and almost purchased the Jeep Grand Cherokee but after driving the SX I stayed with Kia. My Only complaint on the 2011 was the Ride was stiff and power in the 4-cy, so The SX took care of both issues.. I love the Sorentos, cant beat the value they are the perfect size suv. I have the 2-tone leather, dual roofs, nav, keyless start, lighting package, chrome wheels.. Drive one and you will be impressed.

Very Happy
By richardar6 on 09/23/12 09:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased 1 month ago and couldn't be happier. Fit and finish is impressive. It's not too big,not too small. Turning radius is Excellent. Handles great for what it is. V6 has great pick up. Is it perfect? No, but no vehicle is. The ride is Euro firm (which dosen't bother me and the trade off is better handling). MPG is OK, but not anything to write home about- of course I didn't get the V6 for good gas mileage and I've never gotten advertised MPG's on any vehicle I've owned. 20-21mpg with my lead foot. The only thing I don't like is road and wind noise- that's it.

Love our 2012 Sorento
By jj812 on 09/18/12 12:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Sorento for a few days now. All i can say is, don't hesitate, buy this SUV. I love it, we have 4 kids and the 3rd row seat is very nice. I was a little nervous having a 4 cyl. in a Mid sized SUV but all the worries were quickly squashed. I don't know what the other reviewers were talking about when they said the 4 cyl Sorento was under powered, it's not. Try it for your self you'll be impressed. The ride is very smooth, the seats are comfy and overall it's just a very good looking SUV. Oh, the sound system is awesome! The only thing they should change, is to put a luggage rack on all models. I hope this helps someone, you wont be disappointed.

Great Value For The Price
By idrn on 08/28/12 08:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2007 Tundra with a 5.7L engine for this vehicle. We've had it for about 1 month. The MPG is above the sticker estimated numbers. We are getting 26.1 city and 34.5 hwy. I think this is great coming from a huge truck with 14 city and 17 hwy. The GDI engine seems to be the best balance between economy and still having some oomph on the road. The back up camera and rear sonar are great and the UVO is very easy to link to bluetooth HTC phone. We really like the A pillar A/C for the rear seat and the fold down arm rest for the rear as well. The rear under floor storage is huge and the ride is quiet and smooth. Though not a Lexus the value is right for the money.

So Far So Great
By basel1120 on 08/20/12 05:29 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a much loved 2004 Saab 9-5 wagon with the Sorento after driving virtually every brand/model available with AWD and a V6 that could be had for less than $40K+. Final two candidates were a Subaru Outback and the Sorento. Though the former is a fine vehicle, the Sorento won out on features, fit and finish, and overall comfort combined with power and handling. Frankly, we didn't need 7 seats. But the combination of other options we did want forced the inclusion of the third row.