2013 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Happy so far
By bay4side on 09/30/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have my 2013 Sorento V6 FWD EX for over a month now with almost 29,000 miles on it. It's a beautiful bright silver and looks so nice

Never Again
By rn513 on 09/25/14 10:41 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hate this car. Plain and simple. My previous Rav 4 had this beat by a mile. Radio failed and replaced before 35000 miles. Slider panels covering full length moon roof rattle open with normal driving vibrations, leaving my grandson baking in the sun in the back seat or the sun baking the leather seats. These panels are automated in the Rav 4. For $38000....they should be automated in the Kia Sorento. Air conditioner has a high pitched squeak to it when run on high. Worst of all are the headlights...can't see at night when on normal beams, even with fog lights on. When I ride with high beams on, no one even flashes their lights at me. Mileage ok, poor pickup for a V6 compared to Rav

Good, solid if unspectacular car
By mjone182 on 02/06/14 21:04 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Having now driven this car as a primary for 27k miles, this car is a good one. Easy to work on, even if you're a backyard mechanic. Lots of room, even for a family of six (all small children). Downside, there's not a real trunk space if you have the third row. Positives, plenty of extras even on the base model, pre-drilled holes for mounting aftermarket towing kits and side rails, plus it gets better gas mileage than a minivan. So far, no major maintenance has been needed.

2013 LX GDI AWD
By ucinn35 on 02/23/13 15:14 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2012 SX AWD for the wife last year. We love that car so much we bought another one for me. I use it for work everyday so I went with the GDI for better gas mileage. I'm getting between 24 and 25 combined with a couple hundred pounds of tools and parts in it. The acceleration is peppy and more than adequate. The 6 speed shifts smoothly and effortlessly. Handling is great, a very good turning radius so it handles like a smaller car. The SX has 25000 miles on it and mine has 1000 and we've had no problems out of either of them. I am probably a Kia customer for life now.

Update- 5 months and 6,000 miles, still loving it
By richardar6 on 02/17/13 07:59 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First, let me tell you that I'm picky. I've owned a lot of vehicles, from cars, to Suv's, to pickup trucks. I love to drive, and the Auto Shows are my Disney World. I wanted a lot for my money and I wanted a well made vehicle that will last. I got what I wanted so far. 6,000 miles so far and not 1 issue. Do I get advertised MPG? No, but I never have on any vehicle I've owed. I didn't get the V6 because I wanted great MPG's. (even the Honda fit I use as company car doesn't get advertised MPG) Anyway, I researched, I test drove, and I got exactly what I expected. Very happy with my decision!

Great SUV but one problem
By kr2880 on 02/15/13 16:21 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car looks and handles great on local and on the interstate. However, when I am waiting at a red light with the SUV in drive, there is a definite vibration that you can feel through out the car. I have had the car checked by Kia service including the District Service MGR and have been told that this is normal for the SUV. For an SUV with a sticker price close to $36000, I didn't expect a vibration to be considered normal! Hopefully KIA will come up with a fix!

Sorry But MPG Sucks
By electricnow on 02/01/13 04:51 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle is great in every other way other than The MPG. My wife drives it most of the time and we both get the same results. 21-22.5 city and Hwy. The 22.5 was all interstate, two people in the car with no cargo. I am 61 yrs young and have had many brands of vehicles over the years and have had only two, Honda and Toyota that got the claimed MPG. I looked at the Honda CR-V but they would not give us enough for the trade and would not knock off enough on the car.

MPG
By bunnyskier on 01/31/13 18:19 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love my Sorento. It is one of the best looking SUV's out there. I have gotten 27 MPG on the Hwy. I took a trip camping with 4 girls and all our gear and got 24 MPG. This is partial hwy and partial mountain driving with plenty of steep grades. I use the ECO option to keep my foot and pedal in check.

Stop Bashing the MPG Numbers!
By kenjill on 01/24/13 05:09 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

People, please stop bashing the MPG numbers with this vehicle. Our Sorento vehicle gets the MPG figures, as advertised. I bet there is a direct corrolation between those who get "poor" MPG and bad driving habits ("jack-rabbit" acceleration, braking too hard, using AC or heat too much, and yes, texting while driving, etc). I also own a Kia Optima SX Turbo and I average 30-32 MPG per tank...let me repeat that - over 30 MPG with a Turbo! If you improve your driving habits, then your "real world" MPG numbers will go up considerably. Otherwise, the vehicle is fine so far...a great value for the money.

AMAZING VALUE
By seanminnesota on 01/03/13 14:53 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had my 2013 Sorento for about a month and love everything about this vehicle. Have owned Nissan, VW, Audi, Honda and the Sorento beats them all on interior design and comfort as well as handling (with exception of course of Audi). Every possible bell and whistle and perfectly executed. Handles like a dream in snow and ice. MPG slightly lower than I expected but still quite good for a vehicle this size. Hands down my favorite car yet, test drive the Sorento if you're in the market for this type vehicle. The other tipping point for me was the third row seating, awesome for hauling my nephews and their friends and when folded down provides terrific cargo space.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Sorento in VA is:

$136 per month*