Used 2013 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Lots of Car in an Affordable Package.
By Stacey Hamilton

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car for our 16 year old daughter and she loves it. We got the EX package with AWD and the 6 cylinder engine. It is just the right car for a teenage driver.

Great Camping/Towing Vehicle
By Jimmy C

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was skeptical about KIA's history, but I did a ton of research and discovered their reviews and quality have greatly improved since the 2000s. We've owned our 2013 Sorento for almost 2 years and 25,000 miles.

The 2013 Sorento LX 3.5 has greatly exceeded my expectations. I own a 16' TrailLite camper (3,500 lbs loaded). The Sorento EASILY pulls it at idle. I was amazed how well the KIA pulled my camper with my 2 fishing kayaks on the roof-rack. Granted Fuel economy drops while towing from 25mpg (@75mph) to about 11mpg (@70), but that was still better than expected.

Acceleration is a little jumpy and takes some getting used to. Breaks are great. Handling is smooth and comfortable.

Changing the oil was a learning experience; the filter is on the top of the engine, which was new to me; I searched for it for about 5 minutes before I gave in and Googled its location. The filter is about 2x more expensive that typical filters. It takes nearly 6 quarts of oil.

Seating - Front is comfortable, but I wouldn't mind the seats being a little wider. I'm 6'0, 220, 40" waist. The second row seating is fairly comfortable, and they recline! The 3rd row is tight for me, but I could fit if I lost a bet. Ideal size for 3rd row would be < 5'.

In my opinion, none of the mid-size SUV competitors can compare to the Sorento when talking about towing capacity, economy, features and price.

Never Buying Kia Again! Terrible Engine, Terrible
By Allen B. L.

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Buyers beware - I bought a lightly used 2013 Kia Sorento LX 4cyl from a Houston, TX dealership in March, 2013. Just 2 years later, at 64,645 miles the engine unexpected seized up without any warning. The vehicle was regularly maintained and always got oil changes early or on time. I had no mechanical problems from March 2013 to June 2015 (which is laudable), but then the engine catastrophically failed. Kia Service wouldn't do anything whatsoever to help me, nor would insurance. I paid $18,000 (sticker price) for a crap car that lasted 2 years and a few months then totally failed, leaving me stranded in the middle of west Texas. They found metal shavings in my oil and indicated that a bearing in the lower engine came apart. Look this up online - MANY people have experienced just such a mishap, and a lot of them had it happen under 100,000 miles. DO NOT PUT YOUR SAFETY AND TRUST IN THIS COMPANY.

Happy so far but the ride comfort will never be ok
By bay4side

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have my 2013 sorento EX for over one and a half years now. The only bad thing is the ride comfort. There is not a crack in the road you can't feel. In NYC, the condition of the roads are third world level. The SUV is very pretty. I get a lot of compliments. It's silver. The V6 is great. Plenty of power in all situations. The mileage on the highways is also very good, not so on city roads.
This vehicle comes with all the toys. Double moonroof, navagation, heated front seats, cooled front drivers seat, voice control for phones , heated side mirrors, leather seats, third row seats and so on. I only use a few of these features. I maintain this SUV very well. I change the oil twice a year using a Kia filter and Mobil one synthetic oil. I put new tires on. The original tires were like concrete blocks. I got this auto used with 28 thousand miles. I now have 36 thousand miles. I don't drive a lot of miles in a years time, but most of the miles are on city streets. I hope to have this SUV for many years to come.

Never Again
By rn513

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hate this car. Plain and simple. My previous Rav 4 had this beat by a mile. Radio failed and replaced before 35000 miles. Slider panels covering full length moon roof rattle open with normal driving vibrations, leaving my grandson baking in the sun in the back seat or the sun baking the leather seats. These panels are automated in the Rav 4. For $38000....they should be automated in the Kia Sorento. Air conditioner has a high pitched squeak to it when run on high. Worst of all are the headlights...can't see at night when on normal beams, even with fog lights on. When I ride with high beams on, no one even flashes their lights at me. Mileage ok, poor pickup for a V6 compared to Rav

Leather seats, all wheel drive

Automate slider panels covering sunroof, put controls for dash computer on steering wheel, currently must reach through steering wheel to manually push toggle; brighter headlights!!!!! Improve gas mileage and lower the price; this is not a $38,000 vehicle.