Used 2013 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Never Buying Kia Again! Terrible Engine, Terrible
By Allen B. L.

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Buyers beware - I bought a lightly used 2013 Kia Sorento LX 4cyl from a Houston, TX dealership in March, 2013. Just 2 years later, at 64,645 miles the engine unexpected seized up without any warning. The vehicle was regularly maintained and always got oil changes early or on time. I had no mechanical problems from March 2013 to June 2015 (which is laudable), but then the engine catastrophically failed. Kia Service wouldn't do anything whatsoever to help me, nor would insurance. I paid $18,000 (sticker price) for a crap car that lasted 2 years and a few months then totally failed, leaving me stranded in the middle of west Texas. They found metal shavings in my oil and indicated that a bearing in the lower engine came apart. Look this up online - MANY people have experienced just such a mishap, and a lot of them had it happen under 100,000 miles. DO NOT PUT YOUR SAFETY AND TRUST IN THIS COMPANY.

Happy so far
By bay4side

2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have my 2013 Sorento V6 FWD EX for over a month now with almost 29,000 miles on it. It's a beautiful bright silver and looks so nice

The V6 is powerful and smooth with the 6 speed tranny. My mileage has been very good. Highway 29 and locally 19. Locally we have red lights every few blocks. The equipment in the car is never ending. The drivers seat is high and comfortable. With the lumbar control it is the best. The Upgraded UVO system is very good and most of all the A/C is great. A lot of the stuff I will never use. The double moonroof is everyone favorite, especially the kids. The third row seats are two cramped and only good for small children. I won't be using them much.

The ride is very hard. I know they have fixed the harsh ride in the 2014, however my 2013 is what I drive. Keeping the air pressure at proper PSI helps the ride a lot. Kia dealerships are very bad across the board. I had to go to a few different ones to get a $14 part. They told me Kia doesn't offer it. Of course Kia does as it's an OEM part. The amount of time , effort and gas riding around to get the part was insane. The Kia headquarters service people do nothing to help. They sent me back to the dealer. If I need to go to the dealer in the future if I have a problem worries me. Because of the dealers I would not buy a Kia again. This SUV was a gift to me from my son. So far s

Never Again
By rn513

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hate this car. Plain and simple. My previous Rav 4 had this beat by a mile. Radio failed and replaced before 35000 miles. Slider panels covering full length moon roof rattle open with normal driving vibrations, leaving my grandson baking in the sun in the back seat or the sun baking the leather seats. These panels are automated in the Rav 4. For $38000....they should be automated in the Kia Sorento. Air conditioner has a high pitched squeak to it when run on high. Worst of all are the headlights...can't see at night when on normal beams, even with fog lights on. When I ride with high beams on, no one even flashes their lights at me. Mileage ok, poor pickup for a V6 compared to Rav

Leather seats, all wheel drive

Automate slider panels covering sunroof, put controls for dash computer on steering wheel, currently must reach through steering wheel to manually push toggle; brighter headlights!!!!! Improve gas mileage and lower the price; this is not a $38,000 vehicle.

Good, solid if unspectacular car
By mjone182

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Having now driven this car as a primary for 27k miles, this car is a good one. Easy to work on, even if you're a backyard mechanic. Lots of room, even for a family of six (all small children). Downside, there's not a real trunk space if you have the third row. Positives, plenty of extras even on the base model, pre-drilled holes for mounting aftermarket towing kits and side rails, plus it gets better gas mileage than a minivan. So far, no major maintenance has been needed.

Reliability, roomy for what it is, XM Sirius radio included, lots of places to put things

There needs to be a storage area in the floor besides the one in the very rear of the car. Also, Kia could have given some more space under the hood for belts to be changed (but this seems to be an automotive problem since no car seems to have enough room anymore).

2013 LX GDI AWD
By ucinn35

2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2012 SX AWD for the wife last year. We love that car so much we bought another one for me. I use it for work everyday so I went with the GDI for better gas mileage. I'm getting between 24 and 25 combined with a couple hundred pounds of tools and parts in it. The acceleration is peppy and more than adequate. The 6 speed shifts smoothly and effortlessly. Handling is great, a very good turning radius so it handles like a smaller car. The SX has 25000 miles on it and mine has 1000 and we've had no problems out of either of them. I am probably a Kia customer for life now.

Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, voice control

Sliding second row