The V-6 is the way to go
By andrewm1 on
2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I actually bought a 2011 4 cylinder Kia Sorento back in March 2011.The engine was to slugglish and was somewhat dissapointing.I traded it in a bought a 2012 6 cylinder this past December and am much happier now.The V6 276 horses are fantastic and it does not strain the engine.The ride is quiet and smooth.Absolutely NO body lean in sharper turns,unlike the old school SUVs from the 1990s where every turn felt like a potential rollover.Leg and headroom are great.Climate control is superb.Gas mileage takes a hit from the AWD but on the highway,I still get over 20 MPG,less in city driving.(NYC is tough on MPG for all cars period)
Favorite Features
Love the bluetooth and the controls on the steering wheel.
Suggested Improvements
there should be a thermometer,the radio could be better and the rear visibility could be better.
By sam_tx
on 06/05/12 11:14 AM (PDT)

I'm driving the V6 (rental) for three weeks now. Driving it Hwy and City. My avg. MPG is about 23mpg! I don't know what do you expect more from such big SUV!? The ride is super! The Sorento is handling PERFECT! it has about 11K miles now and I'm really in love of it. Will really consider buying one on 2013. By the way, on 50 miles trip 100% Hwy I was getting 28,5MPG as average on the computer. People who are complaining about the MPG should check their driving habit...

By lulu_in_lulu
on 04/26/12 02:06 AM (PDT)

I just bought my 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 6cyl TODAY, and immediately liked the ride, the AC nice n strong, love the blue tooth, great turning radius.... BUT I AGREE the rear visibility is very bad. Not a huge problem at the moment, but I didn't realize it until I tried backing out of a parking stall and found I could barely see out the back, lots of blind spots, could be dangerous so I will take extra care while backing out. The rear sensor didn't come standard with this model unfortunately, but Kia should make it a standard feature because of the poor visibility. The only thing I hope is that I will save on gas. This auto is replacing a 2000 Dodge Durango V8 that was a total gas guzzler in my opinion. So far-so good! Will update more later.....I bought the warranty upgrade so both bumper to bumper is 100,000 miles now but it came with 60,000 miles.....The power train was already standard 100,000.