Sorento 2012 LX 2.4 Front Wheel Drive
By frjohn42 on
2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I have already driven my Sorento 2,000 miles in 6 weeks and I can say that its a very comfortable ride. Being a big person, 6ft 3in with a offensive lineman's build I am comfortable. I purchased the 4 cylinder front wheel drive, base model w/ convenience package, i.e. park assist on the mirror and auto dimming, remote start, heated seats, cargo net, cargo cover, sorento floor mats. I have been driving with the ac on most of the time and I have been getting about 21-22 miles per gallon city driving and about 25-26 on the highway.
Favorite Features
Love the bluetooth feature for the phone, believe it is standard. I also love the SIRIUSXM as I am an avid sports fan. I know I will like the remote start and heated seats in the winter. The stereo sounds great, clear and loud. CD player plays MP3s. Seats are very comfortable, ample room for those in front, with seats all the way back it may be a little tight for tall people in back (leg room), no problem in width. The Sorento is also a nice quite ride, very little to no interior noise in mine.
Suggested Improvements
The 4 cylinder is a little weak. It is not awful but you can feel it at laboring at times when you need that quick pickup. Iphone connection for playing music (not bluetooth) can only be done with specific cable, check ebay and amazon much cheaper than dealership cable. Fog lights can only be turned on when headlights are on, not sure if this is a state law or just a manufacturer thing. Overall I give the Sorento an A grade, I would have given it an A+ but the 4 cylinder is just a little weak at times only. I test drove the Terrain, Equinox, Explorer, and I liked the Sorento best.