2012 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: Incredible Value !

2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Review

Incredible Value !
By awf48 on

2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a SUV to replace my Saturn Vue--the 2012 Sorento is more than I expected I have the LX- V6--performance is great and gas mileage with 6 speed auto gives overall 27.5/28 miles per gallon combined--who's complaining not me! The Sorento has a great warranty and was also more coverage than expected. I liked the FACT that it was made in Georgia, Go USA! Drive out on the 2012 was $25,500 includes TT&L and $2000 down--No trade in.

Favorite Features

I like the looks of the Sorento Bright Silver ext. with the Black cladding I have window tinting all around --Kool I like the SAT radio and built in technolgy I like using my IPhone tru the radio--calls are crystal clear--and the Sorento has voice active dialing from my IPhone contacts!

Suggested Improvements

I don't think the 3rd row seating is functional KIA should do away with this feature and make this back storage more usefull / uitilitarian.
By zavi
on 07/19/11 19:41 PM (PDT)

Also sliding second row. Thanks.

By supe_dad
on 02/25/12 18:52 PM (PST)

If you compare the KIA Sorento to others, it actually has MUCH MORE ROOM IN THE 3rd Row seat, more then the Volvo XC90, Acura MDX, and the fixed second row allows for much easer access to the third row, it even has more room and easer access then my Mercdes R350 which I just sold to get this. I'd like to know peoples experience with the FWD GDI versus the AWD GDI. I found the AWD version with the 18" wheels drove much better then the LX 17" FWD version. Do you really sacrifice gas mileage with the AWD versus the FWD? Does it really make a difference on highway driving, when theoretically it's the exact same engine moving the same weight vehicle. I'm trying to find out if the AWD measurements are for snow type driving conditions.