2012 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: I love this SUV!

2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Review

I love this SUV!
By swtjen01 on

2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I rent cars frequently and had driven my family 7 hours to Orlando on vacation. I was shocked by the performance and comfort because up until then I thought Kia was a cheap automobile maker. It had ipod and sirius radio and other features I expected from a high end suv. I then rented other suvs such as the: GMC acadia, chevy traverse, hyaundai, ford explorer and etc.. and missed the KIA. I finally decided I had to buy one and I have not regretted it. My other car is a Lexus so my friends joked that they couldn't believe I was going to buy something that wasn't considered "high end" but they are amazed at how nice the suv is especially when they drive it and see what i'm talking about.

AWD V6 - has great acceleration and handling. Third row seating and how all the seats fold down which provides a ton of space. ipod, usb and Sirius xm radio

This may be just my experience but the breaking took me awhile to get used to. This may just be my fault and I'm used to my other car which brakes on a dime. I wish the interior lighting was blue like the hyaundai santa fe. I would have probably bought the hyaundai if they hadn't of discontinued the third row seats. Gas mileage does not seem to be what they advertise. I won't complain because my Lexus sedan gets horrible gas mileage and its amazes me that a v6 suv gets better gas mileage. I wish there was a outside temperature reading.
By jclaeys
on 03/31/12 07:40 AM (PDT)

I wish I had a 6cyl. as I know the gas mileage comes close to the 4cyl. GDI, which has a rather rough idle, but I purchased my 2012 used with only 4K mi. on it and saved about $7,000, so I couldn't choose the engine...small sacrifice...I agree with you, everyone is impressed with this car...sure, I could have bought an RX, for about double...but who would I be impressing?