Great Car but not as great mpg as they advertise !
By daneza on
2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I bought this car for the appealing advertisement : great price, great mpg for a large SUV. Very quiet, very comfortable, lots of features (i.e. ipod, ventilated seats, a third row, AC on second row and third row, improved safety bags, etc). The sticker advertise 24 – 34 with large prints and small prints up to 38 ! We said: for sure we can get out of it at least 30. I drive over 500 miles / week with a 90% highway. I already put 3000 miles on this car and the best I could get out of it was 25 mpg. On the instantaneous mpg display I can go up to 30, but the pure math of dividing the total mpg per tank with total amount of gallons of gas is the final mpg of a car. That is 25 mpg so far!
By lanshi
on 10/20/11 18:41 PM (PDT)

Your comments are the same as what I thought, what a great vehicle. I have just bought one a drive 120 miles a day and am not getting the gas mileage that is advertised. I am getting around 27 and I traded my Nissan Altima that was getting 33. So far i am disappointed in the MPG. I hope to hear from others about the MPG other than that I really like the SUV.

By brianandr
on 08/12/12 19:49 PM (PDT)

Looks to me like a lot of people are getting screwed. One of the reasons for me deciding was the MPG on the HWY. I routinely get 22-23 and have once got 25...ONCE. I took a 13 hour round trip one time and got 22 HWY MPG. That's pathetic in my book. I should have gone with the Nissan Rogue like I wanted but this was roomier and I thought what the heck, I might not get 32MPG like they say but at least 28 or so...nope, not even close.

By oneeye1977
on 05/19/12 06:36 AM (PDT)

Alot of people seem to complain about fuel mileage! I cant blame them, but, you have to take into account... #1 there are different blends of gasoline... Summer and Winter, summer blends will have more ethanol in them which most vehicles do not run as effeciently on! You can blame the EPA for that! winter blends dont usually have as much ethanol, however alot of people in the north, during the winter months go start their cars to let the snow melt off, do you think that will have alot to do with your gas mileage??? really?? #2nd Auto manufacturers can make cars that get alot better gas mileage, but what do you think it would do for the prices at the pump?? simple economics people, less demand for gas prices go down right?? WRONG! Opec just stops or slow the production so that they can keep the prices the same or close to the same! You want better gasmileage? I don't, I want somebody to do something about the prices of gas and Mileage wont be an issue any longer! Some of us can remember when prices were below a dollar a gallon, and I dont remember anyone really worrying about mileage then! HMMMMM...... stop complaining about mileage and address the real problem!

By myspringer
on 01/15/12 11:31 AM (PST)

HAVING SAME PROBLEMS WITH OTHER MANUFACTURERS HAVE 2009 TOYOTA VENZA RATED FOR 36 MPG, NOW WITH 22000 MILES ON IT, CAN ONLY GET 28 MPG ON INTERSTATE 75 WITH CRUISE SET AT 65 DURING THE SUMMER, IDEAL TEMPERATURES. TOYOTA CHECKED AND SAID IT IS WITHIN THE EPA PERAMETERS OF WITHIN 20 % OF + OR - GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE MORE SAY ON THIS FALSE ADVERTISING. ALL THE COMPANIES, IF YOU READ MANY REVIEWS, ARE POSTING HIGHER MPG THAN MOST PEOPLE ARE RECEIVING. MOST PEOLE SEEM TO BE GETTING ABOUT 20 % LESS THAN THE ADVETISED MPG (which by the way would be under ideal condition, forget winter calculations) ++do not forget to reset mpg trip button for long trips, otherwise u will be averaging all miles driven h & c