Gas Mileage
By chupacabra1 on
2012 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Got my Sorento 4 cyl GDI eng 4 months ago and I have around 3800 miles on it. I purchase the vehicle for fuel effeciency. Well after driving almost 4000 miles I can see that what Kia advertise is not really true.. most of my driving is on highway I keep the speed from 65 to 70 on flat road and the best I can get is 24 to 25 MPG on the hwy... First time trusting KIA and last... I'm going back to Totoya after I drive this vehicle for another 12 months. I went to the dealer and I was told that "I will get this kind of miliage after the engine get some more additional miles".... What 30,000 miles????
By boreas1
on 10/19/11 06:40 AM (PDT)

You bought an SUV and now you are complaining about its 25 MPG?!?

By myspringer
on 01/15/12 11:19 AM (PST)

HAVING SAME PROBLEMS WITH OTHER MANUFACTURERS HAVE 2009 TOYOTA VENZA RATED FOR 36 MPG, NOW WITH 22000 MILES ON IT, CAN ONLY GET 28 MPG ON INTERSTATE 75 WITH CRUISE SET AT 65 DURING THE SUMMER, IDEAL TEMPERATURES. TOYOTA CHECKED AND SAID IT IS WITHIN THE EPA PERAMETERS OF WITHIN 20 % OF + OR - GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE MORE SAY ON THIS FALSE ADVERTISING. ALL THE COMPANIES, IF YOU READ MANY REVIEWS, ARE POSTING HIGHER MPG THAN MOST PEOPLE ARE RECEIVING. MOST PEOLE SEEM TO BE GETTING ABOUT 20 % LESS THAN THE ADVETISED MPG (which by the way would be under ideal condition, forget winter calculations)

By tcoyote
on 12/31/11 07:43 AM (PST)

Fuel mileage is going to depend on the quality of gas you put in your vehicle. You buy the cheapest gas you can find and you will see the reduction in mpg. I am not just picking you out, but this is directed to all complainers who want 50 mpg from their SUV's...it's simply not going to happen. Compare the cost of higher quality gas to the mpg increase and keep your perspectives realistic.

By wahooslayer
on 10/20/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

Fuel mileage ratings are not set by the vehicle manufacturer, they are posted by the EPA, so don't blame Kia if you're not getting what is on the EPA's window sticker.

By jclaeys
on 02/18/12 16:48 PM (PST)

I feel that the EPA would serve the car buyer better by posting a range of the average mileage not CITY/HWY...It will vary on my Sorento the minute I leave the gas pump as it "resets"...if you "jump on the freeway" it will end up better at the end of the tank use...conversely drive it around town "only" for the first 20 miles or so and you will see a "reduction" in overall gas mileage as you near empty. Buy a new truck if you really want to "complain"....they still get pathetic gas mileage no where near estimates. Occasionally cars will actually do better than estimates but it is RARE.

By gbacon
on 02/14/12 23:23 PM (PST)

gas mileage has decreased on most vehicles compared to the epa estimates due to the 10% ethanol that most gas has added to it now......just saying