2012 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: Falling Out Of Love

2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Review

Falling Out Of Love
By jclaeys on

2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2012 used in Dec. with less than 5K on odo. Was impressed then with the value. Now at just 8K beginning to realize that this is a good vehicle, not a great one by any means. Probably first and foremost is service, it's just completely lacking, and until KIA becomes a household name it will probably remain so. I am disappointed with the gas mileage, as I am easy on the pedal and am only able to avg. 20MPG combined 50/50. I have made countless calls and visits to the dealer for an engine that "shakes" at idle with the brakes apllied. I have to place car in neutral at every stop light. Problem is, as long as there is no engine light on, no one knows what to do. Stay clear of "4"

Favorite Features

Fit and Finish, interior design, handsome exterior. Little body lean on turns

Suggested Improvements

Better Radio...Poor Quality. Had problems with it and Kia replaced it with a rebuilt that had Sirius service in the former owners name. Was unable place service in my name until former owners' contract ran out...really? Original tires are poor, replaced with Yokohamas. Expand service depts. and better train staff Ride, over bumps, feels like cheap nissan at times. GDI engine needs even more power. Car is already loosing it's punch.
By ce49
on 07/08/12 19:06 PM (PDT)

As for the engine shake when brakes are applied, has the dealer looked for vacuum leaks - especially at the vacuum boost for the brakes?