Disappointed in MPG
By lanshi on
2012 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I have had my KIA for a month now. The dealer stated that the big reason they are selling so much is because of the MPG up to 32. I am not seeing it. I drive about 120 miles a day and am averaging around 27. I bought it from Southeast Kia in Rockwall, TX. Traded in a Nissan Altima and was getting 32mpg. I hope I didn't make a great mistake with the gas prices would love to get 30 to 32.
Favorite Features
Overall love the interior, miss my temp gauge. The backup signal and camera are very useful as I am in a parking garage. Like the room in the front as you are not on top of your passenger.
Suggested Improvements
Have some basic features such as temp gauge.
By clark30
on 01/09/12 19:49 PM (PST)

*What is your average speed at the 27/28 MPG consumption rate? I get ~ the same consumption rate when driving at 70mph, with the same equipped and year Sorento. I have to drop the speed to ~ 60mph to get the EPA highway rate of 32MPG, on flat highway and no headwinds. Like you, I hoped to get more also. (Though my Sorento is still fairly new; so it is too early to really say.) However, I am still happy with the compromise between the size of the vehicle and what MPG it does get. *I understand you were comparing it to your Nissan, and assume you drove at the same speeds between the two.

By lanshi
on 12/12/11 08:08 AM (PST)

Well update on my review, I have 6300 miles and still only getting 27/28 mpg, wish I could get more