2012 Kia Sorento 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2012 Kia Sorento Looks Nice

2012 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

SX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

2012 Kia Sorento Looks Nice But Has It's Drawbacks.
By bc59 on

2012 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

About a month after purchasing my new 2012 Sorento Ex with the optional V6 engine I noticed a loud thud almost everytime I started up my suv. I brought the vehicle into the local Kia dealership and they did some updates to the Sorento's computer which did get rid the problem. Also, my Bluetooth doesn't work so I cannot use my samsung phone in the vehicle. Flash forward one year and now I'm experiencing a noticeable lag in acceleration. I told the Kia service manager about the problem and he said to add a bottle of gas treatment. Did that and the problem still exists. I'll be trading in my Kia soon for a more reliable vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of that steering wheel, it's just plain ugly. The suspension on the Kia Sorento EX is very stiff. I wonder if anyone at Kia even tuned it.
By monique_g
on 06/06/13 12:54 PM (PDT)

I purchased a 2012 Kia Sorento and am experiencing the same sound. About 20 seconds after turning the car on there is a thud sounds that travels from the right side front to the right rear. I've taken it several time and have even left the car at the dealers over night and they still can not figure it out. This has been the most frustrating experience ever and still nothing... Waiting to hear from Corporate.