Used 2012 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2012 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

My new 3 word car...
By nursenetty

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my BMW for a KIA Sorento that I bought from my future brother in law Mike Light. I have purchased many cars over my years and have left feeling anxious. Did I do the right thing etc. I have not felt that feeling at all. I got the same great deal that some of my co-workers have received. The only thing I miss is have the car tell me the temp outside. I bought the 4 cycl. I didn't need all the "bells and whistles" (which would have been awesome btw). This SUV drives smooth, roomy and great on gas!

Favorite Features

Back up camera, heated seats, smooth ride, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

add outside temp.

5,500 miles so far
By ucinn35

2012 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

and we couldn't be happier with this vehicle. the interior is spacious. We usually have the 3rd row folded which gives you tons of room for storage. The amenities interior are awesome. Love the steering wheel controls and you can operate most things(phone, radio, gps) with just talking to it so you can keep your eyes on the road. The handling is precise with a good feel of the road. The ride is average, if you are looking for a luxury car ride, look elsewhere but if you are used to a Cherokee, this thing is a smooth ride. The 6 cyl. is powerful and the 6 speed trans. is very smooth. Downshifts are barely noticeable even climbing large hills. The controls are straight forward and easy to use.

Favorite Features

speech recognition for radio, phone, and GPS. Panoramic sunroof, Heated seats and steering wheel, power folding mirrors. rear backup camera. Strong 6Cyl.. Gas mileage around 20 MPG 75/25 city driving

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable 2nd row seat.. a little longer for more storage w/ 3rd row up.

Very pleased
By par18

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased my Sorento two weeks ago and although new, I'm very pleased with my purchase. The most common complaints that I've read are ride firmness and mileage. While I agree that the ride is a bit firmer than I like, the trade-off is better handling...less sway, roll and pitch. I got the six cylinder because I wanted more power (I live in Colorado and glad I did). While people complain about the poor mileage, I've owned a number of six cylinder vehicles in the past and the Sorento mileage is about the same - 300+ miles per tank of city driving. Beyond that, this KIA drives, looks and handles like CUV's for thousands more! I'm VERY happy with the looks and feel - a great value!!!

Favorite Features

Plenty of power and more fun to drive with a six cylinder, Bluetooth, Syrius, IPod integration, third row seat (if needed in a pinch), great looks (Bought it in black with tinted front windows to match the back windows), fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it was slightly less firm ride and had a sliding second row seat.

surprised with the kia
By jclaudio

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

needed a new car for my family of three> dont make very much money so it was all about the price range. after doing our share of research nuthin came close to the style and warranty that kia offers.i battled with the chevy equinox but would of spent more money for less of a vehicle> asked chevy can you explain why i should buy your chevy? theyre responce"its a chevy" wasnt good enough so WE went with the smart choice. so far so good>getting lots of compliments on the style and price we ended up spending. only time will tell how my sorento will perform but im focusing on the positive cuz any car can brake down!!!!! question is do u feel ripped off my answser is no

Favorite Features

3rd row, blu tooth, ipod, style

Suggested Improvements

better mileage

Great so far, could improve on gas a little
By pdona

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the Kia Sorrento 4cyl, GDI AWD after doing lots of research. We wanted 3rd row seat, and good on gas. Minor problem is gas milage is averaging 19-22 with the regular grade gas. That is averaged quite a few ways from mostly highway to both. Our first trip was about 600 round trip miles going to Lake George, Ny on the highway, average was 21mpg Next step is to try the better grade of gasoline, maybe that will make the difference to be worth the expense. Hopefully it's in its "Break In" period. We've gotten numerous compliments on how SHARP the vehicle looks and are satisfied so far !

Favorite Features

We LOVE the I-Pod connectivity, and hands free Blue tooth the most.

Suggested Improvements

As with ANY vehicle improve on the gas milage. As with ANY vehicle have a Thermometer be standard. (how hard is that?)