Used 2012 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Downsized From Huge SUV
By countrynewsman

2012 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my Ford Expedition EL for the Sorento since I no longer needed a huge gas guzzler. I was concerned about comfort, however, I have driven the Sorento on long trips and it is comfortable to drive. The generous warranty and the fact it's built in the U.S. were two of my main reasons for purchasing this vehicle. My only complaint is the lack of room in the second row due to the presence of the third row. My next Sorento will not have the third row since I don't need it. The Sorento does very well in towing a boat and trailer weighing 2500 pounds, however, braking is a little harder.

I like the UVO voice-activated system, the rear camera, and the panoramic sunroof.

My new 3 word car...
By nursenetty

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my BMW for a KIA Sorento that I bought from my future brother in law Mike Light. I have purchased many cars over my years and have left feeling anxious. Did I do the right thing etc. I have not felt that feeling at all. I got the same great deal that some of my co-workers have received. The only thing I miss is have the car tell me the temp outside. I bought the 4 cycl. I didn't need all the "bells and whistles" (which would have been awesome btw). This SUV drives smooth, roomy and great on gas!

Back up camera, heated seats, smooth ride, gas mileage.

add outside temp.

5,500 miles so far
By ucinn35

2012 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

and we couldn't be happier with this vehicle. the interior is spacious. We usually have the 3rd row folded which gives you tons of room for storage. The amenities interior are awesome. Love the steering wheel controls and you can operate most things(phone, radio, gps) with just talking to it so you can keep your eyes on the road. The handling is precise with a good feel of the road. The ride is average, if you are looking for a luxury car ride, look elsewhere but if you are used to a Cherokee, this thing is a smooth ride. The 6 cyl. is powerful and the 6 speed trans. is very smooth. Downshifts are barely noticeable even climbing large hills. The controls are straight forward and easy to use.

speech recognition for radio, phone, and GPS. Panoramic sunroof, Heated seats and steering wheel, power folding mirrors. rear backup camera. Strong 6Cyl.. Gas mileage around 20 MPG 75/25 city driving

Adjustable 2nd row seat.. a little longer for more storage w/ 3rd row up.

Very pleased
By par18

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased my Sorento two weeks ago and although new, I'm very pleased with my purchase. The most common complaints that I've read are ride firmness and mileage. While I agree that the ride is a bit firmer than I like, the trade-off is better handling...less sway, roll and pitch. I got the six cylinder because I wanted more power (I live in Colorado and glad I did). While people complain about the poor mileage, I've owned a number of six cylinder vehicles in the past and the Sorento mileage is about the same - 300+ miles per tank of city driving. Beyond that, this KIA drives, looks and handles like CUV's for thousands more! I'm VERY happy with the looks and feel - a great value!!!

Plenty of power and more fun to drive with a six cylinder, Bluetooth, Syrius, IPod integration, third row seat (if needed in a pinch), great looks (Bought it in black with tinted front windows to match the back windows), fit and finish.

Wish it was slightly less firm ride and had a sliding second row seat.

surprised with the kia
By jclaudio

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

needed a new car for my family of three> dont make very much money so it was all about the price range. after doing our share of research nuthin came close to the style and warranty that kia offers.i battled with the chevy equinox but would of spent more money for less of a vehicle> asked chevy can you explain why i should buy your chevy? theyre responce"its a chevy" wasnt good enough so WE went with the smart choice. so far so good>getting lots of compliments on the style and price we ended up spending. only time will tell how my sorento will perform but im focusing on the positive cuz any car can brake down!!!!! question is do u feel ripped off my answser is no

3rd row, blu tooth, ipod, style