Used 2012 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

I love this SUV!
By swtjen01

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I rent cars frequently and had driven my family 7 hours to Orlando on vacation. I was shocked by the performance and comfort because up until then I thought Kia was a cheap automobile maker. It had ipod and sirius radio and other features I expected from a high end suv. I then rented other suvs such as the: GMC acadia, chevy traverse, hyaundai, ford explorer and etc.. and missed the KIA. I finally decided I had to buy one and I have not regretted it. My other car is a Lexus so my friends joked that they couldn't believe I was going to buy something that wasn't considered "high end" but they are amazed at how nice the suv is especially when they drive it and see what i'm talking about.

AWD V6 - has great acceleration and handling. Third row seating and how all the seats fold down which provides a ton of space. ipod, usb and Sirius xm radio

This may be just my experience but the breaking took me awhile to get used to. This may just be my fault and I'm used to my other car which brakes on a dime. I wish the interior lighting was blue like the hyaundai santa fe. I would have probably bought the hyaundai if they hadn't of discontinued the third row seats. Gas mileage does not seem to be what they advertise. I won't complain because my Lexus sedan gets horrible gas mileage and its amazes me that a v6 suv gets better gas mileage. I wish there was a outside temperature reading.

Huge disappointment!!!!!
By macgirl1

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle in Dec.'12 and it has been the worst vehicle purchase we have ever made. The fuel economy on this vehicle has been awful. We've been getting 14-17mpg with combined driving, no where near the promised 21-28mpg. Not only that the drive is sluggish, with little power. We have contacted Kia Motor America for support and been told there is nothing they can do even though our Sorento is not performing the way they promise it will. In my experience Kia does not stand behind their promises and I wouldn't recommend the Sorento and we will not buy another Kia. Our Sorento has been a huge letdown and Kia's response to our problems has been an even bigger dissappointment.

Heated seats

New Fuel Estimates to accurately reflect real world driving averages like ours.

Sorento SX delivers
By tnvol75

2012 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am more than pleased with my new Sorento SX. More than anything, I am surprised at the total performance and delivery of this vehicle. More than I ever imagined. Can't wait to try it out on long trips to the beach. I previously owned a Ford Explorer and pretty much always been a fan of Ford. Since I have taken ownership of this vehicle I couldn't be happier with my purchase. After months of research and comparisons I feel like I have made an excellent decision with this purchase.

To me the warranty can't be beat. Plus the dealer offered me double on the bumper to bumper warranty. So now I have 10 year, 120K mile b2b. If you're looking for reliability and performance but at the same time easy on the wallet then look no further. I chose this vehicle due to the third row seating which is perfect for my family but Kia offers a lot of great vehicles for the money. You should check out your local Kia dealership.

Downsized From Huge SUV
By countrynewsman

2012 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my Ford Expedition EL for the Sorento since I no longer needed a huge gas guzzler. I was concerned about comfort, however, I have driven the Sorento on long trips and it is comfortable to drive. The generous warranty and the fact it's built in the U.S. were two of my main reasons for purchasing this vehicle. My only complaint is the lack of room in the second row due to the presence of the third row. My next Sorento will not have the third row since I don't need it. The Sorento does very well in towing a boat and trailer weighing 2500 pounds, however, braking is a little harder.

I like the UVO voice-activated system, the rear camera, and the panoramic sunroof.

My new 3 word car...
By nursenetty

2012 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my BMW for a KIA Sorento that I bought from my future brother in law Mike Light. I have purchased many cars over my years and have left feeling anxious. Did I do the right thing etc. I have not felt that feeling at all. I got the same great deal that some of my co-workers have received. The only thing I miss is have the car tell me the temp outside. I bought the 4 cycl. I didn't need all the "bells and whistles" (which would have been awesome btw). This SUV drives smooth, roomy and great on gas!

Back up camera, heated seats, smooth ride, gas mileage.

add outside temp.