2012 Kia Sorento
By sdrayton on
2012 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This is my 2nd Sorento. My first one (2011) made a grinding noise when breaking. After confirming it was not the ABS brakes and multiple attempts by the dealership and Kia to repair the car Kia agreed to replace it (with a reasonable charge for the mileage). The 2012 Sorento I purchased as a replacement started making the same noise after approximately 2 weeks. Kia has now says it is a common characteristic of Sorentos but it will not affect the safety or value of my car. Want to buy a 2012 Sorento with less than 10,000 miles that intermittently makes a grinding noise when you stop?
Favorite Features
V6 engine has good power with a little torque steer. From what I have read it appears to get better mialage than the 4 cylinder. I really like the USB player but it has a tendancy to lose it's place.
Suggested Improvements
Figure out a way to keep the brakes from making an intermittent grinding noise when you stop the car. Improve the durability of the plastic piece on the side of the driver’s seat that has the controls. There is a 1/4 wide piece of plastic that holds it to the chair. Mine has broken twice.
By gbacon
on 02/14/12 23:27 PM (PST)

I have a 2002 rodeo that does the same thing....may just be the type of pads ect..who knows

By hromero
on 02/05/12 17:50 PM (PST)

I purchased a 2012 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A) back in April of 2011.. Just under 10000 miles it began to make a grinding noise when applying the brakes. I took it back to dealership on January 06 and 0n 11 2012. waiting on Kia corp to deal with this compaint I submitted. Seems like they won't return phone calls in a timely manner. Still persistant though.