Used 2012 Kia Sorento Base SUV Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

2012 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Constantly breaking down on me!
By Jeremy

2012 Kia Sorento SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my sorento with 100,000 miles on it. So far a hose busted and over heated the engine leaving me stranded. Once fixed, two more hoses busted. Then a week after getting that fixed. The crankshaft position sensor went bad and wouldn't start. Replaced that myself (80$ for the part). The next day the crankshaft position sensor (another 80$ part) went bad and left me broke down at the gas station. And every once in a while the rpm's drop and the motor shakes like crazy for about 5-10 seconds before reving back up. POS!! I can't wait to trade this in on something that's worth a [non-permissible content removed]!

Beware of around town driving
By dmcfee

2012 Kia Sorento SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased our Kia Sorento new about 6 months ago.
Around town I have never gotten over 16 mpg. My lowest has been 13.4 mpg. On the highway i get 31 mpg.
I took it back to the dealer and was told I had to to run few more tanks of gas then it would get better.
Four more tanks and it remained about 14 mpg. I went back and the head maintenance man said I only averaged 18 mph in the city and that is why it was so low.
I told him I did not expect the 22 mpg we were told it would get but had no idea it would be 7 mpg under advertised mpg. The salesman knew all my driving was around town and acted very surprised when I told him the problem.
Love the car, but the gas mileage is unacceptable.

Love the comfort, back up camera in mirror, phone works most the time.

The biggest improvement is to let people know that around town if you go slow your gas mileage will drop 7 mpg to about 14 or 15 mpg, a far cry from the advertised 22 mpg. I would like to know if anyone has experienced this gas mileage.