Used 2012 Kia Sorento Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Beware of around town driving
By dmcfee

2012 Kia Sorento 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased our Kia Sorento new about 6 months ago. Around town I have never gotten over 16 mpg. My lowest has been 13.4 mpg. On the highway i get 31 mpg. I took it back to the dealer and was told I had to to run few more tanks of gas then it would get better. Four more tanks and it remained about 14 mpg. I went back and the head maintenance man said I only averaged 18 mph in the city and that is why it was so low. I told him I did not expect the 22 mpg we were told it would get but had no idea it would be 7 mpg under advertised mpg. The salesman knew all my driving was around town and acted very surprised when I told him the problem. Love the car, but the gas mileage is unacceptable.

Love the comfort, back up camera in mirror, phone works most the time.

The biggest improvement is to let people know that around town if you go slow your gas mileage will drop 7 mpg to about 14 or 15 mpg, a far cry from the advertised 22 mpg. I would like to know if anyone has experienced this gas mileage.

• Sedan