2011 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: Best mid-size SUV on the marke

2011 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

SX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Best mid-size SUV on the market today
By cooooolio on

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Sorento SX AWD new and it has been an absolute pleasure to drive. It is the best new car I've ever owned in my 50+ years on this planet. It was heavily researched before purchasing and there were very, very few negative reviews. Anything that did come up was related to some early transmission problems on the 4 cylinder models. The 2011 Sorento has been a joy to drive and I expect to drive it well past the 10 year/100,00 mile warranty. KIA knocked it out of the park with the Sorento.

Favorite Features

Lots of power and great gas mileage for an SUV even with AWD. The suspension and handling is sporty which makes it fun to drive. The Infinity stereo is awesome, the interior lighting is subtle yet eye catching, the body styling and trim makes this one of the absolute best looking SUV's on the road. In short, there are too many favorites to list. I mean, what's not to love?

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would suggest is that occasionally the ride/suspension could be a little less stiff but it depends on the condition of the roads you drive. For me, 85% of the time the ride is very comfortable but every now and again you'll hit a pot hole or bump that reminds you that there is a trade-off for the sporty suspension.