Used 2011 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 304 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Great for the Price!
By Jeff Pottberg

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Started with a lease of the 2011 Sorento AWD. Was looking for a safe AWD for my daughter to use in college in New England. This model is great in snow and has a very tight turning radius. Didn't get many options as I was looking for a base model under $25K. I ended up buying out the lease and still like to drive it. Just came back from a 3,000 mile road trip with it and even though I have back problems. I found it comfortable to drive for long periods of time.

How many recalls and repairs
By susan

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recalled for braking issue within year of purchase. Last repair took two trips to the dealership and cost $250 to replace the turn signal gear box (not covered by warranty). Seat fabric is stains easily, and is wearing excessively on edges. Latches to fold down seats are hard to operate. Looking to trade and new car will not be a KIA.

Seats cleaned by professional car detail shop. The fabric is not holding up as it should. We have no children that ride in the car, so the seats should be holding up better. No recalls this last year.

I must have got a bad one. Fully loaded SX
By Asia

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It is now 2015 I Bought this brand new and it is still giving me problems. 2011 Sorento SX Burgundy, Pan moon roof, nav ....the top model for the year. First day got home wouldn't start. Has had so many recalls and issues such as. Backup camera blacked out. Power died when driving. The suspension was off. The moon roof creaked badly. The alternator died. And even now the latest issue is when I get out and close the doors the sensors say that the doors are not closed. And that somehow makes the car go dead. I have to unhook the battery to get car to start. I'm not even mention all the issues. I have been trying to live with this purchase until the best time to move on. The Best thing is that the dealer ship has been easy to work with. But I will not buy a Kia again, afraid of being lured by the amenities and being burned later, by a unreliable car. And my car still has the new car smell!

2011 Kia Sorento
By redwinejl

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new Aug. 2011. I have 117000 miles with no mechanical problems. I am retired and put many miles on this car going from home to our kid home almost weekly. I did have an alternator replaced on recall, but that is it. I had 60000 mile dealer service performed as well as regular oil changes( I have always used full synethic), and maintain proper tire service. When I bought this car, I would have never thought of buying a Kia, as I did not think they were quality cars, but after owning this one for 4 and 1/2 years, Kia is a quality product and a car company that seems to be doing things right. I think this SUV will continue to serve me well for several more years.

I like the acceleration of this SUV , as it is quicker than anything I have ever driven. Most of my driving is on Interstate Highways which require you to enter traffic at 70 to 80 mph which is no problem for the V6 Sorento. I like the seating arrangement, as it allows you to carry up to 7 passengers or to fold the seats down and carry cargo. I used this SUV several years ago to pull my small travel trailer to Yellowstone N. P. With no problems except keeping the speed down. Plenty of power.

I am having a seat fold down issue at the moment, and I think that Kia needs to address this issue as it seems to be somewhat of a problem. I have 117000 miles on my Kia and this is my only complaint, and I am not upset about it. I am setting here trying to think of other problems, but I can not think of any at this time, so that says a lot for the quality that Kia has put into there vehicles. I have to tell you that I am a very critical person (grumpy old man) and an always looking for ways to improve things, so keep up the good work Kia.

Solid vehicle, great pricing used.
By newaccent2007

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our Pacific blue LX 2.4L with 43k on the odometer. Since that time, we've only had very minor issues. The factory battery went bad at 48K, and now with 81K the sway bars need to be replaced which were cheap to order. I use the vehicle as my company car (contractor) and it now has 81K on it. The factory brakes are still about 30-40%. It's been an incredibly reliable machine, and it's used on and off road and down Amish township roads daily. Tough, durable, and reliable, and cheap to obtain too.

Low cost to purchase, plenty of power (even with the 4cyl), reasonable handling, and incredibly comfortable seats. Excellent view of the road, and intelligently styled interior. Looks great, the design is still contemporary even though it's 5 years old!

Transmission programming. It seems to be historically buggy. We've only had problems with it once. Otherwise it's always been smooth, and everything else is pretty solid.