2011 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Hoped for more
By helkins on 04/13/13 13:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine used last year a 2011. Had a few problems in the beginning but they fixed it. It seems it was electrical and needed a software update and something about a brake switch. Other than that it has been running good. The battery does wear down quickly. The engine runs louder than what I think a new car should. Coming up on 30K service so will have it checked. Also the gas mileage is terrible. Not sure how some people are getting 22-23 in city on a V6 AWD. I get 15mpg but I am probably avg speed 35 and a lot of stop and go. Maybe that has something to do with it. But also on highway I haven't gotten more than 21mpg. Considering trading it in but wondering, con't below...

No pros only cons 14MPG
By rchrdbus on 04/08/13 08:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car in 2010. Car has 37000 miles on it, so far same issues other people have. Suspension is rough, rattle noise everywhere, tranmission is works whenever its feels like automatic. Had my car at high rev lines cruising in the freeway so i put it in tiptronic just put it in 6gear. Poor in gas. EPA says 21-29 which is reason i bought it, but city i been getting 14-18mpg and 22-26 at most highway. Regret purchasing this car

Things you should know about the 2011 Sorento
By sadme2013 on 02/20/13 07:46 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying it has great gas mileage and plenty of room. The last year(2nd year of ownership) has been very frustrating. I drove it off the lot new. Folding back seats have been a major issue on never working right and breaking. It took over a week to get parts to fix seat from Manufacuture. Starting seems to be a problem-starter replaced and original battery.

Another KIA with poor MPG...
By padriver1979 on 01/24/13 11:55 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased a Spicy Red 2011 Kia Sorento LX AWD in March 2010. The vehicle has 16,000 miles on it and we have yet to see over 20 mpg on a full tank of gas 50 city/50% highway. The original sticker said 21-28. The EPA changed the ratings for the 2012 and 2013 Sorentos I believe but not the 2011 models. Why? I contacted my local dealership and they said that the AWD 4 cyl should not even be sold in two cities--SF and Pgh due to the amount of hills. I would hate to see what the V6 gets if a 4 cyl is getting 20 in mixed driving conditions. In 2012 we leased a 2013 Optima LX thinking that perhaps Kia's MPG on sedans would be better. False--19/20mpg. Buyer beware of Kia!

Almost 40 K on the Sorento
By herrhec on 01/14/13 14:37 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have the car three years already, on some trips no problem the machine is reliable. Some minor issues: the transmission ( manual) was changed because of a small "click" sound. the mechanic got lazy and after complaining several times (since he said: " the sound is normal") they put a new transmission and when they finished the sound was still there. Took it to another place it was a minor issue ( 30$ for repairing).Just changed the rear pads. hope to keep the car a few years more.

The Sorento.
By luvtoyota10 on 12/31/12 07:37 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I Inherited this car from My Aunt who Died in October, she got it new and she loved it and I love it now. It is very fun to drive for a crossover and handles great in the snow even with the factory tires. Gas mileage isn't that good but it's winter, I am averaging 20 mpg. I like the Dark Cherry exterior as well. The Heated seats are a great value from the convenience package. The ride may be harsh but its not terrible. The interior is pretty quiet too, almost like my 2013 Toyota Highlander. The steering is better than the Highlander's too.

Great Vehicle at a Great Value
By rdilley on 12/22/12 00:13 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Kia Sorento in July of 2011 and I have had zero problems with it. I use it to commute to work and back 90 miles round trip and have logged over 50,000 miles on it. I have tested the AWD in Sandy beaches and it did not dissapoint. The gas mileage had been good at around 25-27 hwy and 22-24 city. I have been very satisfied with this vehicle overall. I have had to change the tires due to the everyday driving commute and replaced the Kuhmo tires with Brigdgestone Dueler HT's with a more aggresive tread.

Unreliable car.
By nat16 on 12/15/12 12:04 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

"I have Kia Sorrento for 4 months only and it was in repairs twice already! 4000 miles on the car. Last month was an oil leak.This month - the transmission stopped shiffting and I couldnot stop the car! Unreliable! I always bought american cars and had them for 10-11 years, with regular wear and tear. This is the first time that I decided to buy non-american car, and let me tell you, you get what you pay for! GARBAGE!!! For $ 6000 more you can buy Ford or Jeep and have no problems! Do not buy this car, unless you want to have a big problem in a couple of months."

Love the Kia Sorento
By ghorras on 08/20/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had such good luck with our 2004 Sorento it was an easy decision to buy a 2011. It's my wife's car and she loves everything about it, the only issue we had was an oil leak but Kia took care of it just fine. Last Friday my wife was driving to work and was involved in a head on collision, and her car suffered major damage to the front end and is totaled. But she walked away without a scratch, and was able to go to work the same day! When I asked her what she wanted for her next car, and the answer was a new Sorento!

Not worth the money
By srj01265 on 05/21/12 20:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned a Sorento for a little over a yr, that was a year to long. The best thing I did was trade it in for another make. I made several complaints to KIA regarding the terrible, harsh, sloppy, noisey suspension, but they said that my Sorento was normal. Hardly, my Isuzu Rodeo's suspension had a better ride. KIA went 15+ years backwards. The door panels, dash, center console all rattle, more so in cold weather. Road noise is really bad, always thought I left a window open. KIA service is terrible, I tried 3 dealers with no luck. All needed appointments for a simple oil change and tire rotation yet they still have the vehicle for 2+ hours. For an oil change? Really? I will never by a KIA again!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sorento in VA is:

$127 per month*