2011 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Everything as promised.
By thefive on 09/09/11 13:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had mine for 9 months and no problems what so ever. Taken it on a couple of 1200 mile road trips. It is as it is promised to be. The exception is the gas milage. Even babying wasn't able to get what was advertised. Other than that a great vehicle.

Excellent Car - Best Bang for the Buck
By dboisobe on 06/09/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I reviewed the Sorento all models, drove the Sportage LX, EX, SX, looked at the Honda CRV, Nissan Murano S, SV, SL. You cannot touch a Murano with leather and navigation / bluetooth for under $40,000, the Honda CRV doesn't come close, forget the RAV4 that's a tin can in comparatively Once I drove the Sorento SX, looked at the price tag coupled with the bumper-bumper 5/60,000 & 10/100K power train warranty, no brainer! I traded in my sporty Honda Accord EX-L with kicking zippy engine, excellent interior quality knowing that for $17 more a month and almost the same fuel economy I could have a brand new long warranty vehicle that is roomy, comfortable, powerful, and snazzy looking.

Sorento SX FWD Rocks!
By rusty53a on 04/03/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had my SX one week. First tank 20 mpg. Love the Handling and ride (very European), and the many safety and function features. After researching many reviews and driving various competition from Nissan, Subaru, Honda, as well as Sorento 4, and 6 cylinders, bought the SX. The double valve shocks and suspension features on the SX make handling like a sports sedan. Best SUV feature and quality for dollar available IMO.

What can I say about the 2011 KIA Sorento SX..."WOW!"
By heyofficer on 03/19/11 18:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Husband and I were looking for a new SUV, and were sick of seeing all the "cookie cutter" and common Honda Pilots, Toyota Highlanders, RAV4's and CRV's that it seemed were everywhere. Boring and tired looking, and their owners were looking equally boring and tired! So we shopped and shopped. Test drove and researched. Then after all the info was collected, we bought a new 2011 KIA Sorento SX in February. I drive it daily, and my husband and I have been on some longish trips to Las Vegas, too. We sold our Mazda, but this new KIA actually beats the rest when compared feature to feature, overall quality, looks and reliability. KIA's 100,000 warranty is icing on the cake!

KIA's new 2011 Sorento takes on the other guys and wins!
By heyofficer on 03/12/11 21:23 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Yep..I know that car magazines get advertising money paid by all the auto manufacturers. And some reviewers are also funded by them. So their reviews may be skewed by Not me! I don't get paid by any manufacturer. And this is my review on the 2011 KIA Sorento SX! We research a lot before we buy just about any major purchase. We've had 17 new cars in the past 21 years. Toyota sedans, sports cars (MR2 Supercharged!), and SUVs. Honda Sedans and SUV, Dodges, Several Ford SUVs and 2 mini-vans, etc. And we are informed buyers, and PICKY! So when we went shopping it was to replace our Mazda5 "van"...which we were giving to our Daughter for college.

Sorrento SX is the best value
By darfer19 on 01/30/11 14:29 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were looking for a replacement for our Chrysler town and country and the Sorrento is perfect. It has the 3rd row seating which is good for kids, and all of the features are better than expected. We looked at the Traverse, Hyundas, Honda Pilot, and Ford Edge. The Traverse was nice but still had a lot of generic plastic interior parts and the price was high.. with features mid to high 30's .. With teh Sorrento we bought an SX which has everything GPS , Sirius., Bluetooth, Voice recognition commands, heated seats , and safety 5 stars... best deal by far

My wife and I are in love... with our Kia Sorento SX!
By vara411 on 12/28/10 09:08 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I are extremely happy with our white pearl 2011 Kia Sorento SX. The V6 engine is best in class and doesn't chug gas so long as you drive conservatively mixed city/hwy. We had looked at the Mazda CX-9 but it was too large, expensive, and thirsty on the gas. The Sorento on the other hand is the perfect size for many families and a great value, even in its top-of-the-line SX trim. The dual flow damper shocks on the SX give the car a sporty ride that's only occasionally jittery on rough roads. This car is seriously one of the best buys we have made in a long while. I would highly, highly recommend it.

No more minivan!
By drcahrl on 12/11/10 06:57 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved my PAID FOR '03 Chrysler T&C, but after the 2nd accident (not my fault), husband insisted on new vehicle for us (2 young kids). I needed 3rd row - we carry extra kids at times, but didn't need cargo space for strollers and giant kid carseats any longer. Hubby fanatical about safety features. We tested EVERYTHING - even new Odyssey and Swagger wagon (Sienna), Acadia, Traverse (all too big). Sorento just the right size! City MPG 22-23, hwy about 25-26 so far. Kids LOVE IT! Will be taking 1500 mile road trip next week. Looking forward to it.

Lovin' our SX
By SX in Katy on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The SX is the way to go; the DFD dampeners make the ride unbelievable. I feel like I am driving an expensive European SUV. The whole family loves it, back seat recline and adds to the spaciousness.

Quite Satisfied
By Robert on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have to say, I really like this vehicle so far. Driving is enjoyable. The steering wheel is a bit heavy, but is not a distraction. The V6 engine has plenty of power. My gas mileage keeps going up the more I get used to it. Currently about 20 MPG in mixed driving. I am coming out of an Infiniti M35 and have not missed it. Comparatively, the backup camera is not quite as clear. The Bluetooth Phone connectivity was a bit challenging with two phones connected. Voice recognition is average. I found the transmission gearing a bit close and noticed some RPM pull in some downshifts. Overall I am very happy with the quality and driving impression of this car. Go drive one!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sorento in VA is:

$106 per month*