Used 2011 Kia Sorento SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Everything as promised.
By thefive

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had mine for 9 months and no problems what so ever. Taken it on a couple of 1200 mile road trips. It is as it is promised to be. The exception is the gas milage. Even babying wasn't able to get what was advertised. Other than that a great vehicle.

Voice controls, third row seat.

More compartments to carry things, light in the glove box, more cup holders

Excellent Car - Best Bang for the Buck
By dboisobe

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I reviewed the Sorento all models, drove the Sportage LX, EX, SX, looked at the Honda CRV, Nissan Murano S, SV, SL. You cannot touch a Murano with leather and navigation / bluetooth for under $40,000, the Honda CRV doesn't come close, forget the RAV4 that's a tin can in comparatively Once I drove the Sorento SX, looked at the price tag coupled with the bumper-bumper 5/60,000 & 10/100K power train warranty, no brainer! I traded in my sporty Honda Accord EX-L with kicking zippy engine, excellent interior quality knowing that for $17 more a month and almost the same fuel economy I could have a brand new long warranty vehicle that is roomy, comfortable, powerful, and snazzy looking.

Price for the car with such good features. 5 year / 60,000 bumper - bumper warranty 10 year / 100,000 power train warranty fuel efficient V6 engine leather interior and lighting

make matching Chrome nerfs mud guards better quality 2nd row seats sliding 2nd row seats bump up the seat cushion quality one small notch add a booming subwoofer / eqaulizer with the 10 speaker system. better quality glove box.

Sorento SX FWD Rocks!
By rusty53a

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had my SX one week. First tank 20 mpg. Love the Handling and ride (very European), and the many safety and function features. After researching many reviews and driving various competition from Nissan, Subaru, Honda, as well as Sorento 4, and 6 cylinders, bought the SX. The double valve shocks and suspension features on the SX make handling like a sports sedan. Best SUV feature and quality for dollar available IMO.

Smooth shifting six speed A/T, Handling and ride, seat comfort, stereo, phone BT, Homelink, SX Trim, Chrome Wheels, Powerfully and economical V6, Style, Driver Seat Adjustibility, Dual Climate Control, keyless start and locking, low maintenance requirements first 100k miles.

Rear visibility made even worse by rear seat head rests.

What can I say about the 2011 KIA Sorento SX..."WOW!"
By heyofficer

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Husband and I were looking for a new SUV, and were sick of seeing all the "cookie cutter" and common Honda Pilots, Toyota Highlanders, RAV4's and CRV's that it seemed were everywhere. Boring and tired looking, and their owners were looking equally boring and tired! So we shopped and shopped. Test drove and researched. Then after all the info was collected, we bought a new 2011 KIA Sorento SX in February. I drive it daily, and my husband and I have been on some longish trips to Las Vegas, too. We sold our Mazda, but this new KIA actually beats the rest when compared feature to feature, overall quality, looks and reliability. KIA's 100,000 warranty is icing on the cake!

My husband calls it "bang for your buck", the truth is you really do get a lot for you hard earned dollars with this KIA. If you go to the Edmunds car comparison, and put in the '11 KIA Sorento, and the RAV4, Toyota Highlander, Mitsubishi Outlander, Honda Pilot and any of the other SUV/CUV's all the way up to the Mercedes, Audi's and $50,000.00 SUV's, and you'll get a suprise! The KIA is extremely well equipped, in some cases beating the others in features and extras. Fuel mileage is actually quite good, we averaged 27 on the highway trip, and the V-6 is extremely powerful and efficient. The 6 speed auto is KIA's own design. And the big plus is the KIA is Made in the USA! Georgia!

The SX is top of the line, but it needs a few things I would consider nice upgrades! The rear window wiper controls (on a dashboard switch) are seperate from the front wiper controls (on a steering wheel lever). And the rear hatch could have a electric opening feature for when you have a arm full of packages! But those are just quibbles! KIA did a wonderful job with the interior, and the dash mounted navigation system is voice controlled with the stereo and blue tooth connection for the phone.

KIA's new 2011 Sorento takes on the other guys and wins!
By heyofficer

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Yep..I know that car magazines get advertising money paid by all the auto manufacturers. And some reviewers are also funded by them. So their reviews may be skewed by Not me! I don't get paid by any manufacturer. And this is my review on the 2011 KIA Sorento SX! We research a lot before we buy just about any major purchase. We've had 17 new cars in the past 21 years. Toyota sedans, sports cars (MR2 Supercharged!), and SUVs. Honda Sedans and SUV, Dodges, Several Ford SUVs and 2 mini-vans, etc. And we are informed buyers, and PICKY! So when we went shopping it was to replace our Mazda5 "van"...which we were giving to our Daughter for college.

We went with the all new and totally suprising KIA Sorento SX, for a slew of reasons. 1) It was a thing of beauty! Really a stunning exterior design. And the Pearl White paint was supurb. 2) It was MADE IN USA! In West Point Georgia! 3) The level of standard equipment was startling..lots of stuff! 4) When the options were added, the Sorento ended up being extremely well equipped, when it came to price, it beat virtually all the more expensive mid-sized SUV brands..with even better levels of goodies! 5) The 100,000 ten year warranty! 6) 3rd row seats! And much more...the craftsmanship, assembly, no flaws or crappy workmanship, no cost cutting observed! And KIA Sorento is top pick in safety!

Kick the butts on the KIA Dealers! Their dealerships look and feel like they're right out of the '70's! Dumpy, boring, dusty and they never (based on the 4 KIA dealers in Orange County that we visited!) any brochures! One dealer in South Orange County had a stack of (I swear!) 2008 KIA brochures in the lobby...and nothing else! No 2011 brochures or info! Come on guys!