Used 2011 Kia Sorento EX Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Almost a year now......
By kipp61

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Well, its been almost a year now (and about 27,000 miles), so here is my homest take on the '11 Sorento EX 4 cyl AWD....

MPG - From all the posts I've read it seems that I am not alone in reporting sub-advertised MPG. My 40-mile daily commute results in no better than 21 mpg on a consistant basis. This was a major selling point to me. Even an all-highway trip to/from Florida from Ohio only saw 24 mpg at best.

Suspension - having been a service writer for a Ford dealership, I know suspension issues when I hear them. I hear them with this car. Apparently, I am the only one who hears them. Service department cannot confirm the 'loosness' in the front end. Hmmmm.

More soon....

Features vs. Price are excellent, just upgrade some of the interior bits and pieces. Lots of room with the second row folded. Power lumbar on the EX made the sale over the LX.

Better MPG - I am a firm believer of hitting the numbers you advertise. 21 mpg for combined driving on a vehicle that touts 21-27 is unacceptable. Upgrade the suspension - it honestly feels as cheap as the interior plastics. 4 cylinder engine - Lose the 4 cyl and make the 6 cyl the standard engine. I got the 4 cyl, and should have gotten the 6. Engine noise is harsh, as you would expect on a 4 cyl. Better interior plastics - what is offered now is sooo hard and scratches soooo easily. Service Department - no loaners? Really? If I need to drop off my car for work, offer me a new model loaner to drive......make me want to trade up! Sheesh! Marketing 101 people!

Like My Husband It's Looks Good, Performs Well but Has Some Kinks
By rebe99

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Kia Sorento in March 2010. It served my purpose. I wanted an SUV with third row seating, high miles per gallon and didn't drain my bank account. After lots of research and shopping I chose the 2011 Sorento. I liked it from the driving a lot. I especially enjoyed the free satellite radio for 6 months, the rear camera/back-up sensor, bluetooth mobile phone feature and the eco-fuel feature. I continue to really enjoy driving my vehicle to this day eventhough there have been some annoying small things that have happened like the turning signal, dashboard lights and now the driver's window have malfunctioned. Overall, it has served its purpose and we feel satisfied and safe.

Bluetooth, voice command, rear camera/back-up sensor, third row fold-up seating, exterior appearance, gas milage

Check electricity, have more voice command features

So far so good
By mack

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2011 sorento after 4 months has performed flawlessly. Mileage has avg 26 mpg on country roads. 4 cyl has ad power and acceleration. No problems in 4000 miles. Very happy with it.

handling pleasant auto to drive

ride could b a tad softer

Suggested Improvements
By Areh

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had Kia since May. So far, It's good until it rolls onto any size road bump. Bad noisy, jarring & annoying suspension! It drives nice on smooth roads but you feel every bump to the point that you are shaken up. Camera is irritating, it blocks your vision. Radio power button stop working. Other features are commendable. Had major problems with Nationwide Dealership in Timonium MD. Very long story made short, got a call 3 wks after purchase saying I had to pay 3,800 more for my trade in. 2 mths later, they still have not paid off my trade in, which is now affecting my good credit.

3rd row seating. Bluetooth. Backup sensors. Tinted windows. In comparison to Toyota Ravi, Chevy Equinox and a few others, warranty and features were better and inclusive in pricing.

Suspension, the bumpiness is ridiculous. Backup camera needs to be somewhere other than mirror. Still early to really evaluate quality.

Good but no cigar
By Scotlad

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall love the Kia but transmission issues and poor gas mileage are spoiling the experience. We keep hoping for some long term improvements.

Comfort, styling,made in USA, traction with AWD.

Better gas mileage with 4cyl. Fix it right at the factory to avoid recalls. (we are on our third)