2011 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Almost a year now......
By kipp61 on 08/24/11 17:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Well, its been almost a year now (and about 27,000 miles), so here is my homest take on the '11 Sorento EX 4 cyl AWD.... MPG - From all the posts I've read it seems that I am not alone in reporting sub-advertised MPG. My 40-mile daily commute results in no better than 21 mpg on a consistant basis. This was a major selling point to me. Even an all-highway trip to/from Florida from Ohio only saw 24 mpg at best. Suspension - having been a service writer for a Ford dealership, I know suspension issues when I hear them. I hear them with this car. Apparently, I am the only one who hears them. Service department cannot confirm the 'loosness' in the front end. Hmmmm. More soon....

Like My Husband It's Looks Good, Performs Well but Has Some Kinks
By rebe99 on 07/05/11 09:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Kia Sorento in March 2010. It served my purpose. I wanted an SUV with third row seating, high miles per gallon and didn't drain my bank account. After lots of research and shopping I chose the 2011 Sorento. I liked it from the driving a lot. I especially enjoyed the free satellite radio for 6 months, the rear camera/back-up sensor, bluetooth mobile phone feature and the eco-fuel feature. I continue to really enjoy driving my vehicle to this day eventhough there have been some annoying small things that have happened like the turning signal, dashboard lights and now the driver's window have malfunctioned. Overall, it has served its purpose and we feel satisfied and safe.

So far so good
By mack on 07/26/10 12:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2011 sorento after 4 months has performed flawlessly. Mileage has avg 26 mpg on country roads. 4 cyl has ad power and acceleration. No problems in 4000 miles. Very happy with it.

Suggested Improvements
By Areh on 07/16/10 11:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had Kia since May. So far, It's good until it rolls onto any size road bump. Bad noisy, jarring & annoying suspension! It drives nice on smooth roads but you feel every bump to the point that you are shaken up. Camera is irritating, it blocks your vision. Radio power button stop working. Other features are commendable. Had major problems with Nationwide Dealership in Timonium MD. Very long story made short, got a call 3 wks after purchase saying I had to pay 3,800 more for my trade in. 2 mths later, they still have not paid off my trade in, which is now affecting my good credit.

Good but no cigar
By Scotlad on 07/16/10 00:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall love the Kia but transmission issues and poor gas mileage are spoiling the experience. We keep hoping for some long term improvements.

Bad Purchase
By Paul M on 05/28/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2008, lx, v6,4x4, real mistake. The 2011 sorento lx 4 cyl. Has loud strut noise, rides rough, loud road noise and the transmission whines on the 4 cyl. The 4 cyl only gets 1 mpg better than my v-6 got. I was told undercoating would help, it didn't. The only solution for the tranny noise was to play the radio louder. This was my fourth Kia in four years. The only good one was the 2008 sorento. Don't take a short test drive on a smooth road like I did.

Do not recommend
By Dana on 05/19/10 07:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Spent $30,000 for brand new Kia Sorento. Since purchasing it in March 2010, it has been back to the dealership on five different occassions for two different mechanical issues. Biggest issue is it feels like the car is "downshifting" constantly at speeds around 25 mph. Was just told yesterday that car already needs a new drive shaft. Second, the car has a constant rattle that sounds like it's coming from under the car on the passenger side. Was told that would most likely be dealt with in an upcoming recall due to bad struts!! I find it totally unexceptable that this 2011 car has already had all these issues. Worst purchase of my entire life!

Poor fuel economy
By ntsmrt on 03/20/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I went in to buy a Subaru Outback, but I was impressed by the styling of the Kia. So I ended up buying the Sorento. I thought I was going to get a car with fuel efficiency, but I am sadly disappointed. I am supposed to average 27 miles per gallon/highway, but am only getting 21 miles per gallon/highway. Since I drive 450 miles/week highway, it seems all I do is gas up the car. I am still impressed by the interior and exterior the car, and I love the Sirius. It's too soon to give a true evaluation of the reliability. I must honestly say I regret not buying the Subaru, because fuel economy was crucial for me.

Nice vehicle, but!
By Windjam on 03/18/10 06:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent purchase price, as well as cooperative dealership. This vehicle is a real head turner. Purchased on 2/22/10 and have had many positive comments. Lives up to its hype re: high seating w/good view of road etc. and fuel mileage is OK, not great, but ok. Ride is a bit hard as are the seats. I went w/heated leather. Not real quiet on road and mine sounds like I may have a loose shock up front. (Will be checked by dealer) Front doors need to be a bit larger, for access. I'm 6' and must be careful not to bump my head when getting in. Have all the options, Nav, Satellite Infinity radio, bluetooth, homelink, 18" chrome wheels. So far, am happy w/the vehicle.

This is a Kia? Really?
By newzie on 03/04/10 19:07 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We wanted a larger SUV (traded an '09 Ford Escape) with AWD. Looked at the Mitsubishi Outlander SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Chevy Equinox, and Ford Escape. Feature for dollar the Kia can't be beat. The ride is very good and comfortable. The vehicle is rather roomy and the design is very pleasing with some nice touches. But don't touch that plastic. While it looks expensive with is graining, it's harder than a rock!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Sorento in VA is:

$117 per month*