Used 2009 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2009 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Decent for the price
By gato6464

2009 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We got a 2009 Kia sorento used. It really is a nice running car. It drives very well for only a 6cylinder. Plenty of get up and go power. The interior is kinda cheap. We have had no problems other than the rear differential going bad. Luckily for us it was under warranty. I suggest keeping a head up on the maintenance or else they may not cover parts that go bad.

Favorite Features

Engine and room for the price is awesome

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality is kinda poor.

Nice for the price
By hinkyjinky

2009 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is not a luxury SUV its utility. the gf traded hers in after 7 months for a tahoe ls 2007 because she wants bigger. shame. i like the drive even though it is bumpy and stiff but that is due to its design (it's not a caddy or Lincoln) i get great gas mileage almost 425 to a full tank. it has not failed me yet! solid build. love the 4wd so far but have not pushed it except for our big winter storm this past year and it worked flawlessly for me drive 50 miles a day in snow and ice. dealership has been GREAT! cant say it enough! thank you for the deal and serivce Kia of Turnersville nj!!! :)

Favorite Features

4wd, good pickup, great gas mileage, cruise control, nice rims, value, remote start, front windshield defrost. handles good so far and has been solid ride.

Suggested Improvements

better radio system the delco radio is not great and no usb unput.

Great buy
By FRANK MCARTHUR

2009 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Had this SUV for one year now and have had ZERO problems. The 6 under the hood gives me passing power when it's needed. Inside is very well made. Gets about what I thought I would get on fuel. About 20 HWY and 17 city. I drive this SUV to work and round trip is 120 miles a day, five days a week.

Favorite Features

Engine.Body style.

Suggested Improvements

none at this time

This car awful!
By citysliker

2009 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Is anyone else as dissatisfied with their Sorento as I am? I have a 2009 with about 6000 miles on it and its already falling apart. It was in the shop today for several problems and the only one that was repaired properly was a warped interior panel didn't fit from day 1. Suspension is sloppy and car pulls badly to the right. kia claims it's in proper alignment, the drivelive jerks on starts and stops like the rear end is about to fall out of it and kia says they can't find anything wrong, and the headlights dim every time you hit the brakes. kia says and I quote "it's just the way those sorentos are". If I weren't upside down in my loan I would trade this thing in tomorrow.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Make a car that will hold up more than 6 months. I'm very unhappy with my kia and wont ever make the mistake of buying another one or a Hyundai either for that seeing as how Kia and Hyundai are sister companies.

Great vehicle for low price
By schun

2009 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV to haul stuff that won't fit in my Accord. Love the roomy back seats that my 6'2" son-in-law can fit it comfortably. The back seats can fold down flat so I can put a large flat screen TV in the back. Great that I'm seating high so I can spot pot holes before I hit them. The 10-speaker MP3/CD player sounds great(although I can't spot where all of them are). It's a fun vehicle to drive, plenty of zip when I want it. The cruise control on/off switch on steering took a little while to figure out, but work great for longer rides.

Favorite Features

Love the roomy seats front and back. Great sound system, easy to read instrument panel.

Suggested Improvements

Clock can be tilted up, hard to read as I have to tilt my head to read the digits and the glass reflects from the windows. Air vents in the back would be nice. A better and more detailed manual would help. I still don't know how the sport shift works, guess I'll have to look it up on the internet