2009 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Decent for the price
By gato6464 on 09/16/11 11:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We got a 2009 Kia sorento used. It really is a nice running car. It drives very well for only a 6cylinder. Plenty of get up and go power. The interior is kinda cheap. We have had no problems other than the rear differential going bad. Luckily for us it was under warranty. I suggest keeping a head up on the maintenance or else they may not cover parts that go bad.

Nice for the price
By hinkyjinky on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is not a luxury SUV its utility. the gf traded hers in after 7 months for a tahoe ls 2007 because she wants bigger. shame. i like the drive even though it is bumpy and stiff but that is due to its design (it's not a caddy or Lincoln) i get great gas mileage almost 425 to a full tank. it has not failed me yet! solid build. love the 4wd so far but have not pushed it except for our big winter storm this past year and it worked flawlessly for me drive 50 miles a day in snow and ice. dealership has been GREAT! cant say it enough! thank you for the deal and serivce Kia of Turnersville nj!!! :)

Great buy
By FRANK MCARTHUR on 07/28/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Had this SUV for one year now and have had ZERO problems. The 6 under the hood gives me passing power when it's needed. Inside is very well made. Gets about what I thought I would get on fuel. About 20 HWY and 17 city. I drive this SUV to work and round trip is 120 miles a day, five days a week.

This car awful!
By citysliker on 06/30/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Is anyone else as dissatisfied with their Sorento as I am? I have a 2009 with about 6000 miles on it and its already falling apart. It was in the shop today for several problems and the only one that was repaired properly was a warped interior panel didn't fit from day 1. Suspension is sloppy and car pulls badly to the right. kia claims it's in proper alignment, the drivelive jerks on starts and stops like the rear end is about to fall out of it and kia says they can't find anything wrong, and the headlights dim every time you hit the brakes. kia says and I quote "it's just the way those sorentos are". If I weren't upside down in my loan I would trade this thing in tomorrow.

Great vehicle for low price
By schun on 04/14/10 07:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV to haul stuff that won't fit in my Accord. Love the roomy back seats that my 6'2" son-in-law can fit it comfortably. The back seats can fold down flat so I can put a large flat screen TV in the back. Great that I'm seating high so I can spot pot holes before I hit them. The 10-speaker MP3/CD player sounds great(although I can't spot where all of them are). It's a fun vehicle to drive, plenty of zip when I want it. The cruise control on/off switch on steering took a little while to figure out, but work great for longer rides.

2009 Kia Sorrento
By Mauer MVP on 04/04/10 19:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am very happy with the Kia Sorento. It has a lot of power and rides very smoothly over bumps! The view is great fwd and aft when driving and so far gets good gas mileage 425 miles on a full tank equals 24 MPH highway/local streets!

Just starting
By Pocahontous on 02/08/10 17:50 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First driving this, I thought it sounded like a jet ski vs. a merc: loud but no guts. I have only given it cursory trials but am growing to love it. It is not a luxury vehicle but very functional and easy to drive. The Interior instruments all make sense and operation isn't distracting when you are driving. Exterior is pretty except a few undercarriage parts that hang down below the silhouette. 4WD has gotten me out of snow issues with ease.

great SUV
By dani on 01/11/10 14:56 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

this is a great buy. seems to be solidly built. runs great both on the freeway and surface streets. i just own this for a few days but i already love it. would recommend it to anybody for its price and the car your buying. great job kia!

2009 Kia Sorento
By Teri Padgett on 01/04/10 19:32 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is an easy handling SUV. It performs very well in snow and on ice. It helped pull bigger cars out of ditches during a blizzard. It has great power, accelerates easily. I love this car inside and out.

2 questions
By deb on 01/04/10 15:48 PM (PST)

2009 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

1st question. On the window it states that the vehicle has satelite radio, i called the no on the window and it states it dosnt have it. and 2nd question. it states it has mp3 player, im not sure if this means you can only play burned discs from a mp3 player or is there a plug in for the mp3 player somewhere hidden i cant find. the book states nothing.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Kia Sorento in VA is:

$126 per month*