2008 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: a lemon

2008 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Review

a lemon
By notveryhappy3 on

2008 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2008 Kia Sorento brand new. After 6 months i had to take back to dealer and the rotors had to be resurfaced so $150 later I had to take it back a couple of months later the throttle sensor went out. From there was every sensor in the car. I had to take it back to the dealersip every 3 months for a year, It has been 1 problem after another with this car. I started haveing a problem with the car when I would crank it of a morning it sounded like the motor was gonna come out of the car. I took it to the dealership and they told me it wsa just over due for an oil change (not) then they put some oil additavies in the car told me to drive it for a week and it would be fine (not) took

the car back told them to keep it over night and crack it the next morning which they did and finally heard the noise. They found metal shaving in the oil pan and yes I needed a new motor due to manufactoring errors then 6 months later the computer went out had to replace that and now they have had it in the shop for 2 weeks for the gas pedal and sensor that has been replace 5 times now. I have not owned the car 4 years yet and I am scared to drive it very far.I am waiting to hear from the regional office as I have filed a legal complaint for a faulty car..

The whole car
By clabrush
on 08/14/12 09:30 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem with my 2008 Sorento 68k miles. They refused to honor the warranty because they said it wasn't maintained even though I showed them my complete service record with dates, times and descriptions of what was done. They said I didn't have all the receipts for all the oil and oil filters, so the warranty would not cover it. Cost me $4,600 for a used engine. You know where this car is going, and I will never had another KIA.

By nope3
on 08/08/15 19:46 PM (PDT)

I would love to find out what happened when you contacted corporate. Your case sounds almost identical to my case. This car has been in out of the dealership almost every 6 months since I bought it new in 2008. I got chills when read your story. I have had 6 gas pedal issues, a valve job, 2 computers replaced and 2 recall issues. It is scary when the car goes into limp mode. You will be going 70 mph on the interstate and it will limp down to 30 mph. I have all my service records and I have done everything required of KIA. Please stay clear of this company. I would love to find out what happened in your case.