2007 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Awesome Value
By DAVID on 02/01/08 13:50 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was very skeptical of the Kia brand as I only bought Fords my whole life so far. But I have to say after only a few months of ownership the value was outstanding. The truck performs great and I only wish the gas mileage was a bit better. No issues with 3000 miles on it so far and I am so happy with it. Great performance and stopping. Awesome value!!

Excellent Value
By Marty on 01/09/08 11:52 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this after looking at the competition. Nothing else in this price range (21,000) can come close. Sorry, but it just would not happen. I was very leery about purchasing a KIA and if not for the warranty I would not have considered this car. I actually have to say, that so far it has been just perfect. I have 5,000 miles now, and everything seems to be in place. The only possible complaint is that the dealer did not properly remove all the protective plastic properly. MPG seems to be a little better now that the engine has broken in. I think I am managing about 20 - 21 mpg on average now. I am still impressed with the performance and power of this vehicle and I am very happy so far

My smaller SUV
By Ruby on 11/05/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia by trading in my Nissan Armada. I was commuting on weekends from my home in Dallas to my parents in Jacksonville, Tx. I went from $65 in gas to $40 and also about 4 more days before I had to fill up. My son has plenty of room in the backseat in his carseat with his books, crayons, and DVDs. The Armada was so high, I always had to open the door for him. Now, he gets on in. I do contract work for a florist and the easels fit nicely. I make arrangements in my home and I have plenty of room to put everything. The engine is very quiet, it handles great in the rain. I love my Sorento!

You can't beat a Kia!!
By Adele & Elison Baker on 10/28/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is our third Kia and couldn't be happier. The Sorento handles great and has a very solid and quiet ride. All of the controls are in easy reach of the driver. I feel better knowing that I have a full size spare tire instead of a "donut". I commute 90 miles a day and feel safer in a Kia than any other vehicle I have ever owned. We have found all of our Kia vehicles to be of the highest quality. Their vehicles are luxury quality at an economical price. Kia offers one of the best warranties around which we have never had to take advantage of. Kia has higher specifications for their vehicles, dealerships, sales and service of any other make of vehicle we have ever owned.

2007 Kia Sorento EX
By Lincoln63 on 10/21/07 15:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 Cadillacs, 3 mini vans, a 1988 Jeep Commanche (ordered from the factory while I was stationed in Germany), a 1997 Grand Am. Sorento has the minivan's room, the comfort of Cadillac, the fun to drive sporty handling of the Grand Am, and a bigger foot print and smoother ride than the Jeep. Kia has an obvious comittment to safety. They have more standard safety features than the big three at a better price. Michelin P24570R16 tires on stylish machined aluminum wheels, even the spare. I am very happy with my fuel economy, 400 miles per tank, running the AC constantly. Some people balk at the speakers, that's why God made Polk audio.

Big surprise
By Mr JP on 10/04/07 20:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

In the past 20 years I have owned 9 major brand SUVs. This one is by far the best of the lot. All the other simular SUVs cost more but deliver less. Just take a good look at what Kia offers; it makes me think that any review less then tops would be hard to do. The Sorento EX should sell for at least $28,000 and it still would be a great deal. At $25,000, with a V6, what could you buy that compares?

Best Value for the money
By Kia Lover on 09/26/07 05:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Sportage and upgraded to the Sorento because I purchased a boat and needed a vehicle to pull it. With a towing capacity of 5000 lbs you can't beat it. I got this one fully loaded with the Luxury Package. My Sorento is black with tan leather interior. This vehicle handles great and has more than enough power. Yeah, the gas mileage is not the best, but it is pretty average of other 6 cylinder SUVs. And if you are up for it, this vehicle can do some off roading. The Sorento was rated in the top 14 SUVs as a true off road vehicle. This was done by USA Today 3 years ago.

Bang for the buck
By Caseman1969 on 09/22/07 14:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very nice vehicle for the money. Kia used to be considered a third rate company, but boy have they come on strong. The sound of the door closing alone tells you the quality of the vehicle. No cheap sounding pings here. A solid thud.

I Like It!
By kawilm on 09/10/07 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Kia Sorento after test driving a Saturn Vue, Honda CR-V and Jeep Compass. The Kia is a more comfortable ride and has a more powerful engine and higher towing capacity. The interior of the Kia and Saturn were similar - both had pros and cons. Far better interior than the Honda or the Jeep. The Kia has slightly higher ground clearance

Luxury and Value Combined!
By Vikki Smith on 09/05/07 19:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Luxury at a value price! Not a Lexus, not a Mercedes, but for 30k less than these, you can't go wrong! Due to the safety features, insurance rates are extremely fair and reasonable for a vehicle this size.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.