Used 2007 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

3 years and no problems
By sixsix65704

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 06 Kia sorento for the 2007. I got a great deal I financed 8800. I love the power of the V-6. I used it on the beach in Cape Hatteras ,NC. The 4x4 works great in the sand or snow. Great SUV for the money.

Favorite Features

Comfort, Power, 4x4, features, stylish

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy but it is a V-6.

Enjoying the Ride
By tennisfan

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well after 2 years of ownership, I have to say its been a fun suv. The only issue i've had has been a change of the rotor's at 3k miles, which was covered by the warranty. I've had my oil changed and the 2yr service completed. Installed a pioneer head unit because I wanted ipod and bluetooth support. Sounds great with the factory speakers. Looking forward to the 2011 Sorento.

Favorite Features

It would be the way it drives, smooth and fun. Also the 4x4, great in the snow! :)

Suggested Improvements

Well with the new model in 2011, looks like everything has been changed.

Disappointed with Vehicle & Kia Service
By SCLI

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchase W/ 16,300 miles & Kia 2nd owner warranty. (60,000 mi's) Within weeks the Sorento begins to hesitate & lose power while maintaining 70 mph on the interstate. Later while night driving I the headlights Dim & nearly going out, plus ALL the Idiot lights on the dash come on. Car nearly stalls. Problems were intermittent at 1st but became common in coming months. I took the SUV to the local Kia dealership where they examined it for 4 days. They told me the Lights Dimming was normal and to downshift with the Semi Manual shifter when the car hesitates. If dash boards lighting up, headlights going out and losing power is normal for a 07 Kia Sorento, with low miles then I want no part of it.

Favorite Features

The Semi Manual Shifter, 4x4

Suggested Improvements

Make a vehicle that works and fix it when it doesn't. Never send customers a letter from the Manufacturer stating that its normal for Headlights to Dim while driving. What a pitiful excuse for a Car Company.

Update from June 07 Review
By Az/Okie

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We now have 21089 Miles. Absolutely NO Problems. Just replaced the original battery with the interstate brand. Excellent fit and finish. 4x4 system works flawlessly. Lots of power from the 3.8 liter. Understand this engine will NOT be in the new 2010 coming. Looks like Kia and Hyundai are keeping this engine for their luxury brands. Mileage compared to our GMC Envoy is better all around. I would definately buy again.

Favorite Features

Moon Roof, 4x4, steering wheel radio controls, manual shift mode.

Suggested Improvements

Link the map lites to the door switch in front. Add autolocking doors when going 20 mph or better.

Kia is Korean for "Bad Brakes"
By James

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2004 Sedona van because of repeated brake issues (2 sets of rotors and 4 brake jobs in 64,000 miles) and was assured the brake problems had been fixed. My Sorrento has 37,000 miles and is on it's second set of replacement rotors. The brake warrenty is only 12,000 miles; guess why. Also, the scheduled maintenance that is required in order to keep the warrenty intact is very expensive ($524.00 for the 30,000 mile service). Gas milage is poor for the size of the car. The car depreciates rapidly (mine is only worth $10,400 on a trade-in according to Kelly Blue Book).

Favorite Features

Car does well in snow.

Suggested Improvements

FIX THE BRAKES!