Used 2007 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Won't buy another Kia
By Leslie

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this brand new, traded in an 06 Acura TL because the Sorento was safer for my 3 kids with the 5 Star safety rating and the insurance was MUCH cheaper. It was a great vehicle for the first year or so, then the brake lights stayed illuminated and had to take to the dealership for repair. It has leaked oil non-stop for the last 2 years, and the dealer won't fix it. The brakes squeal like an old Pontiac, dealer says "brake dust" but no matter what I do I can't get it to stop. Two recalls in the last year...brake light switch and passenger airbag sensor. Would LOVE to trade it in, but the trade in value is zip. I owe 23K after 3 years, trade in value, less than 10. Never again!

Attractive exterior compact SUV peppy V6

Brake issues, oil leaking issues, better speakers for the stereo that don't cut out, better service advisers and mechanics at the dealership that can fix the above problems!

3 years and no problems
By sixsix65704

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 06 Kia sorento for the 2007. I got a great deal I financed 8800. I love the power of the V-6. I used it on the beach in Cape Hatteras ,NC. The 4x4 works great in the sand or snow. Great SUV for the money.

Comfort, Power, 4x4, features, stylish

Fuel economy but it is a V-6.

Enjoying the Ride
By tennisfan

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well after 2 years of ownership, I have to say its been a fun suv. The only issue i've had has been a change of the rotor's at 3k miles, which was covered by the warranty. I've had my oil changed and the 2yr service completed. Installed a pioneer head unit because I wanted ipod and bluetooth support. Sounds great with the factory speakers. Looking forward to the 2011 Sorento.

It would be the way it drives, smooth and fun. Also the 4x4, great in the snow! :)

Well with the new model in 2011, looks like everything has been changed.

Disappointed with Vehicle & Kia Service
By SCLI

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchase W/ 16,300 miles & Kia 2nd owner warranty. (60,000 mi's) Within weeks the Sorento begins to hesitate & lose power while maintaining 70 mph on the interstate. Later while night driving I the headlights Dim & nearly going out, plus ALL the Idiot lights on the dash come on. Car nearly stalls. Problems were intermittent at 1st but became common in coming months. I took the SUV to the local Kia dealership where they examined it for 4 days. They told me the Lights Dimming was normal and to downshift with the Semi Manual shifter when the car hesitates. If dash boards lighting up, headlights going out and losing power is normal for a 07 Kia Sorento, with low miles then I want no part of it.

The Semi Manual Shifter, 4x4

Make a vehicle that works and fix it when it doesn't. Never send customers a letter from the Manufacturer stating that its normal for Headlights to Dim while driving. What a pitiful excuse for a Car Company.

Update from June 07 Review
By Az/Okie

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We now have 21089 Miles. Absolutely NO Problems. Just replaced the original battery with the interstate brand. Excellent fit and finish. 4x4 system works flawlessly. Lots of power from the 3.8 liter. Understand this engine will NOT be in the new 2010 coming. Looks like Kia and Hyundai are keeping this engine for their luxury brands. Mileage compared to our GMC Envoy is better all around. I would definately buy again.

Moon Roof, 4x4, steering wheel radio controls, manual shift mode.

Link the map lites to the door switch in front. Add autolocking doors when going 20 mph or better.