2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
bad apple
By cindy ingram on 04/30/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Sorento for almost two years and at first I loved it but after my first service it started hesitating at steady speeds or slowing down. They can't fix it because they only hook it up to a machine that tells them what is wrong and it shows nothing so they keep sending me home with the problem. I have learned a lesson about KIA's and that is to run as far away as you can get from them. They are junk. I know things happen with vehicles but normally you can get them repaired. I hate it. If you buy one you better beware because they are not worth anything when you try to trade them in.

2nd Review AFTER 13,000 Miles
By OkieGill on 02/18/09 20:43 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Thought I would write a update since my first post was May of 07. It is now Feb of 09 and not one thing wrong in 18 months and 15,200 miles on odometer. No squeaks, rattles or groans. 3.8 is exceptional engine. 4x4 works flawlessly. Fit and Finish still first rate. Had just normal dealer service every 6K. Don't pass up this bargain and fun to drive sport ute. Great job Kia

Problems after purchase
By SANDY on 01/26/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The looks of my Kia attract a lot of comments from people. It's black-two tone & sharp. All in all I will never buy a Kia again, looks are not everything. I have had numerous probs from transmission to the smell of antifreeze in the cab. I had to have the rotors replaced after 27K miles. The transmission was shifting incorrectly 3 months after purchase, I purchased it with 11 miles on the odometer, brand new.The smell of antifreeze was so strong it was making me sick. The serv dept told me there was nothing wrong with the car but the last time I took it in for this smell they finally did something, I have not smelled it since.

So Far So Good
By JV on 12/10/08 12:16 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it used for $15000 w/ only 12000 miles on it. Been driving it in the mountain for a month w/ no problem. Uphill driving is so easy it will cruise 60mph w/ just a little 2,000 rpm w/ no lost of power at all, unlike my 1997 chevy blazer will do 55mph w/ 3,000 rpm to sustain the uphill driving. I will write more reviews after a year of owning it :)

super bang for the buc!!!
By firstshirt on 05/27/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Outstanding fit and finish. Looked at SUV's for 6 mo and finally settled on the Sorento. Boy what a joy to drive. The looks alone make it a neat vehicle. The warranty and the dealer support is great. we love the way you sit up and the turning radius. The 262 HP is nice also. The 4 wheel dive is excellent and gets me to all my favorite fishing spots in Colorado. Buy one and you won't be disappointed.

Outstanding Driveability
By Caseman 1969 on 05/26/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned our Sorento for almost a year now and besides the gas mileage, it has been an outstanding purchase. The vehicle looks small and agile from outside, but when you get in it and drive it, things improve to an unparalleled level of comfort. The acceleration is excellent, which does not help fuel economy. Brakes are excellent. Interior fit and finish are excellent. Had a new Sonata pull out in front of us yesterday when we were doing 55, and the vehicle's ABS and stability control worked in perfect harmony to avoid a very serious crash. Fuel economy ranges from 20 around town, to as much as 23 on a recent trip to the Outer Banks. Buy with confidence. This is a great vehicle.

My 2nd KIA
By Faith on 05/07/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3,800 miles on my Sorento. Owned a Sportage a few years back and went back for another KIA after my Ford Explorer. The last tank of gas, city driving, 21 mpg accurate check. It is breaking in well because it is a 4WD. For my passengers, I wish the back seat had a bit more leg room. Most of the time I drive it alone anyway. I love the gray interior. The paint must be strong because it has been through 3 hail storms since I bought it. In appearance it is just like a Lexus SUV a couple years old. I love it. I drove many vehicles, of all brands, and the only thing that said "BUY ME" was my KIA Sorento. For traveling to my 2nd home in N. Iowa, the 4WD is a must. Great!

Best kept secret in value and style.
By JAMES on 04/28/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I never tire of driving this suv. Its power and smooth ride make it fun every trip out. My wife and I cant get over the features of this vehicle for the price we paid! It is truly the best purchase we have ever made on a new vehicle.

2007 Sorento EX 4wd
By Sorentoville on 04/08/08 00:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

7500 miles with this Sorento - feels comfortable to drive and has good visibility. In town mpg average is 15- 16 and best on the road at 65 MPH is 25. (accurately measured - not guessing). Most annoying though is the transmission. At 10-15 mph it stays locked in 5th gear and the vehicle will actually start to jump a little as this is too slow for this gear. Step on the gas and you aren't going anywhere in a hurry. The trans should shift itself down to match road speed. This is my biggest disappointment with this vehicle and the dealer says that is just the way it is.

How did i get here
By cvasq on 04/01/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Funny how things end up. I was driving a 2004 A8,top of the line. I was in the dealer every month, and one time got a Kia Sorento as a rental while my A8 was in the shop. Well, fell in love with it, traded in my A8 and never looked back. Fantastic Suv 4x4, no issues, runs great, handle fantastic, fun to drive, good looking. Kia is a great SUV/Truck, simply great. Oh, did i mention the warranty!! WOW!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.