Used 2007 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

3 years later
By Tennisfan

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

3 years later and i'm still happy. The kia runs like day one, still perfect! I've written two other reviews already, so this one is just a follow up to those. I recommend kia to everyone I know, they really make great SUVs.

Looks, Driving feel, comfort and reliability

New model has already been make, test drove it, but I prefer my 2007.

Lousy car
By mg

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Car has leak from the top rail. Kia never fixed. Always vibrates when you brake.

Still happy after a year and a half
By Mcubed

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '07 Sorento as a "demo/leftover" in '09 - I have a gut feeling it was originally a lemon- law vehicle (a leftover almost 2 years after model year end?) BUT I now have just shy of 35,000 and it's had 2 problems; an o2 sensor failed and a goofy hesitation issue @ 1500 RPM. Just about to do the brakes. Other than the 2 minor (fixed under warranty) issues - GREAT VEHICLE

None in particular

Since they discontinued this type for the redesign - none

Good car but had problems
By Chezjuan

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I like the body style, passenger and cargo space, and power of the 2007 Kia Sorento, but I have issues with the quality of the car. Not only were there two recalls that affected the safety (front seat airbag sensor, stop lamp switch) but my car had several engine problems. Also, the OEM battery would not hold a charge and had to be replaced within 6 months.The biggest problem was that the car would refuse to start intermittently - the engine wasn't getting fuel. To get it to start, I would have to pull the fuel pump relay and replace it, then the car would work fine. After a year of trying to fix that (under warranty), the car started cutting out when driving so I replaced it.

cargo space, front wiper heaters

better quality covers for the LATCH anchors in the rear - all three of mine broke within weeks of getting the car. Improve quality of engine/electrical system

Kia is my buddy
By Aaron

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia as a used car. It had roughly 45000 miles on it. I was weary about Kia, but the test drive kicked the doubt to the curb. I absolutely love my Kia and would not trade for anything. It drives great, has power, and has a GREAT WARRANTY. I had an issue with an idle noise, took it to the dealer, got it back 2 hours later with no charge. Man thats sweet. I will eventually trade in my 2000 Mustang for another Kia or keep the Stang and add another car.

Headlights turn off and on when car starts and turns off, hood has hydraulic holders, can shift gears with automatic tranny like its a speed shifter

I would not change a thing.