2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
3 years and no problems
By sixsix65704 on 02/19/10 19:50 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 06 Kia sorento for the 2007. I got a great deal I financed 8800. I love the power of the V-6. I used it on the beach in Cape Hatteras ,NC. The 4x4 works great in the sand or snow. Great SUV for the money.

Enjoying the Ride
By tennisfan on 01/18/10 14:05 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well after 2 years of ownership, I have to say its been a fun suv. The only issue i've had has been a change of the rotor's at 3k miles, which was covered by the warranty. I've had my oil changed and the 2yr service completed. Installed a pioneer head unit because I wanted ipod and bluetooth support. Sounds great with the factory speakers. Looking forward to the 2011 Sorento.

Disappointed with Vehicle & Kia Service
By SCLI on 11/22/09 16:34 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchase W/ 16,300 miles & Kia 2nd owner warranty. (60,000 mi's) Within weeks the Sorento begins to hesitate & lose power while maintaining 70 mph on the interstate. Later while night driving I the headlights Dim & nearly going out, plus ALL the Idiot lights on the dash come on. Car nearly stalls. Problems were intermittent at 1st but became common in coming months. I took the SUV to the local Kia dealership where they examined it for 4 days. They told me the Lights Dimming was normal and to downshift with the Semi Manual shifter when the car hesitates. If dash boards lighting up, headlights going out and losing power is normal for a 07 Kia Sorento, with low miles then I want no part of it.

Update from June 07 Review
By Az/Okie on 11/19/09 17:31 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We now have 21089 Miles. Absolutely NO Problems. Just replaced the original battery with the interstate brand. Excellent fit and finish. 4x4 system works flawlessly. Lots of power from the 3.8 liter. Understand this engine will NOT be in the new 2010 coming. Looks like Kia and Hyundai are keeping this engine for their luxury brands. Mileage compared to our GMC Envoy is better all around. I would definately buy again.

Kia is Korean for "Bad Brakes"
By James on 11/17/09 10:19 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2004 Sedona van because of repeated brake issues (2 sets of rotors and 4 brake jobs in 64,000 miles) and was assured the brake problems had been fixed. My Sorrento has 37,000 miles and is on it's second set of replacement rotors. The brake warrenty is only 12,000 miles; guess why. Also, the scheduled maintenance that is required in order to keep the warrenty intact is very expensive ($524.00 for the 30,000 mile service). Gas milage is poor for the size of the car. The car depreciates rapidly (mine is only worth $10,400 on a trade-in according to Kelly Blue Book).

Be wary of Kia Sorento
By Kelly on 10/03/09 03:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Kia Sorento in Aug 07. In less than a month the engine had to be replaced. In March 08, there was a cooling system problem. In Aug 08, the key got stuck in the ignition. In May 09, there was an oil drain plug leak plus a recall on the airbag. June 09, there was a recall on the stop lamp switch. Sept 09, the key got stuck in the ignition again. This time I was told it was a shifter issue. Just want to warn people about all of the issues that I had. After the last problem I have now traded for a Toyota.

Love it but......
By A. Henson on 08/14/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I love the Sorento; however, at <15000 miles, the rotors had to be replaced and now at <28000 miles they're having to be replaced again. (Not my braking habits! I've been driving for almost 30 years and never had a problem with brakes!) Also, I've noticed the hesitation in speed/acceleration during driving. Sometimes it's slow to respond in a stop/go situation (slowing to a near stop then accelerating again)...kind of scary. I've been told it's because the vehicle/computer is adjusting to my manor of driving.(? At any rate, still happy with the vehicle overall.

Good Buy Overall
By James on 08/13/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle as a family vehicle for my daughter and I. It has met all of our needs. Interior is comfortable. Exterior is an attractive, sleek design. Turning radius is not the greatest. Factory headlights are not as bright as the headlights in my Ranger were. The back glass rattles. I agree with the post indicating that the water from teh wiper blades blows right inside when the window is down. Never had that happen before in any other vehicle. Lower gas mileage than I was told at teh dealership. But those are teh only negatives. Everything else about the vehicle is a positive. Most reliable vehicle I have ever had.

PLEASANT!
By RON on 07/27/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My overall driving experience with this car has been wonderful! My only disappointment has been my break wear. I think my breaks gave out on me earlier than they should have. I actually went thru a set of pads and rotors and wheel bearings I feel way to early for a brand new vehicle. Wheel bearings were under warranty but rotors and pads were not and I was not a happy camper! I bought this car as a result of renting one on vaction and really enjoyed how it handled.It rides smooth handles superbly and accelerates well. I have been on several trips with my KIA and luv how it handles on the open road. I also luv the complements I get of it being a SEXY SUV!

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4WD
By Tim on 05/06/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, love this vehicle. Very nice looking and after 19,000 miles no major problems. Very peppy and fun to drive. Gas mileage stinks, but that is true for most SUVs. If that is a major factor in your purchase, then I wouldn't buy it. For us, we only drive 8k per year so it isn't that noticeable, especially with lowered gas prices.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.