2007 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: 100,000 miles and still going

2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

100,000 miles and still going
By ffenwick on

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Very dependable, no major repairs, barely follow the recommended maintenance. No major complaints as I crossed the 100,000 mile mark. This is my second Kia Sorento. My son totalled my first Sorento, walked away with a scratch on his knee. The safety factor convinced me to get my second Sorento. Bouncy truck like ride, I knew that from my first Sorento. Bought from a rental company with 12,000 on it. Interior carpet is flimsy as is the plastic arm rest, speaker covers and inside cover of rear hatch. Recent temperamental cabin fan switch problem which I understand may be a cheap repair. Can't seem to get anyone to remove the roof rack cross bars.

A real work horse. Ease of driving in all types of weather and road conditions. Multi purpose use for carrying stuff. Reliability: no major repairs in 100K miles, just brakes, battery and tires.

Better quality carpet and more durable interior coverings. Change the roof rack design for easy removal of the cross rails. Better quality interior fan switch for A/C.
By ffenwick
on 09/03/15 08:05 AM (PDT)

Update, Major Engine Fail at 127,000. Had the timing chain and water pump replaced at approximately 104,000 by a Kia Dealer. Now the Kia dealer is recommending replacing the engine. Note there is a class action lawsuit filed in NJ against KIA regarding this same major engine fail. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR.