Used 2007 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

100,000 miles and still going
By ffenwick

2007 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Very dependable, no major repairs, barely follow the recommended maintenance. No major complaints as I crossed the 100,000 mile mark. This is my second Kia Sorento. My son totalled my first Sorento, walked away with a scratch on his knee. The safety factor convinced me to get my second Sorento. Bouncy truck like ride, I knew that from my first Sorento. Bought from a rental company with 12,000 on it. Interior carpet is flimsy as is the plastic arm rest, speaker covers and inside cover of rear hatch. Recent temperamental cabin fan switch problem which I understand may be a cheap repair. Can't seem to get anyone to remove the roof rack cross bars.

Favorite Features

A real work horse. Ease of driving in all types of weather and road conditions. Multi purpose use for carrying stuff. Reliability: no major repairs in 100K miles, just brakes, battery and tires.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality carpet and more durable interior coverings. Change the roof rack design for easy removal of the cross rails. Better quality interior fan switch for A/C.

Never again
By eo64

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

105K miles and it threw a rod, now it's as worthless as that 10 year /100K mile warranty. Never missed an overpriced, scheduled maintenance or 30K mile service. A lot of good it did me.

Suggested Improvements

How about an engine that lasts more than 5K miles after the warranty expires?

Still going strong....103,000.
By adventrous

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my KIA Sorento brand new in 2007. I am very happy with my vehicle which has gotton me through rough times on the highway and on deserted roads. I have driven this vehicle through ice, snow, mud, rough dirt roads, and sand. I never worry about my safety because several times I almost roll-over but came back down on all fours (not that I was trying to). My family and I do a lot of traveling, camping, hiking, beaches, etc so roads are not always pave to where we are heading. Besides we live out in nowhere and roads are not paved but KIA always got us home safely. (nearest town would be 40 miles)

Favorite Features

My favorite features would be the headlights. The lights on low beam are bright enough compared to other SUV.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the height was a little higher.

Fun SUV
By 01traildriver

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven my Sorento for 80,000 miles and the only things that have been repaired or replaced are the brake rotors and a wheel bearing. The power of the engine is sweet, and I average 18mpg in the city and 21-24 on the highway. The ride is smooth and the vehicle feels very solid. I chose it because of it's off-road ability also. I have driven it on numerous 4wd trails and forest service roads with no problems. I just wish that there were more off-road modifications available for them.

Favorite Features

Engine's power, off-road capability, low price, solid feel of chassis.

Suggested Improvements

The emergency brake handle needs to be moved to a different location. It pushes into my right thigh and is uncomfortable ! I wish Kia would have offered the outside temp reading and the fog lights on the LX also

3 years later
By Tennisfan

2007 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

3 years later and i'm still happy. The kia runs like day one, still perfect! I've written two other reviews already, so this one is just a follow up to those. I recommend kia to everyone I know, they really make great SUVs.

Favorite Features

Looks, Driving feel, comfort and reliability

Suggested Improvements

New model has already been make, test drove it, but I prefer my 2007.