Used 2007 Kia Sorento LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Never again
By eo64

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

105K miles and it threw a rod, now it's as worthless as that 10 year /100K mile warranty. Never missed an overpriced, scheduled maintenance or 30K mile service. A lot of good it did me.

How about an engine that lasts more than 5K miles after the warranty expires?

3 years and no problems
By sixsix65704

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 06 Kia sorento for the 2007. I got a great deal I financed 8800. I love the power of the V-6. I used it on the beach in Cape Hatteras ,NC. The 4x4 works great in the sand or snow. Great SUV for the money.

Comfort, Power, 4x4, features, stylish

Fuel economy but it is a V-6.

Enjoying the Ride
By tennisfan

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well after 2 years of ownership, I have to say its been a fun suv. The only issue i've had has been a change of the rotor's at 3k miles, which was covered by the warranty. I've had my oil changed and the 2yr service completed. Installed a pioneer head unit because I wanted ipod and bluetooth support. Sounds great with the factory speakers. Looking forward to the 2011 Sorento.

It would be the way it drives, smooth and fun. Also the 4x4, great in the snow! :)

Well with the new model in 2011, looks like everything has been changed.

Love it but......
By A. Henson

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I love the Sorento; however, at <15000 miles, the rotors had to be replaced and now at <28000 miles they're having to be replaced again. (Not my braking habits! I've been driving for almost 30 years and never had a problem with brakes!) Also, I've noticed the hesitation in speed/acceleration during driving. Sometimes it's slow to respond in a stop/go situation (slowing to a near stop then accelerating again)...kind of scary. I've been told it's because the vehicle/computer is adjusting to my manor of driving.(? At any rate, still happy with the vehicle overall.

Roomy cabin. V6 has a lot of get up and go. Reasonable pricing.

Really need to work on those brakes. Improve MPG!!!!

bad apple
By cindy ingram

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Sorento for almost two years and at first I loved it but after my first service it started hesitating at steady speeds or slowing down. They can't fix it because they only hook it up to a machine that tells them what is wrong and it shows nothing so they keep sending me home with the problem. I have learned a lesson about KIA's and that is to run as far away as you can get from them. They are junk. I know things happen with vehicles but normally you can get them repaired. I hate it. If you buy one you better beware because they are not worth anything when you try to trade them in.

looks

stop making a vehicle you can't repair. Hire real mechanics not just part changers.