Used 2007 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Workhorse
By llr1313

2007 Kia Sorento 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new at year end 2007. Still going strong in 2015 at 215,000 miles. I have hit 2 dear and ridden the poorly maintained roads in the Southeast. I've put two sets of tires and 1 set of brakes. 0 dealer maintenance. (maybe that's the secret).

100,000 miles and still going
By ffenwick

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Very dependable, no major repairs, barely follow the recommended maintenance. No major complaints as I crossed the 100,000 mile mark. This is my second Kia Sorento. My son totalled my first Sorento, walked away with a scratch on his knee. The safety factor convinced me to get my second Sorento. Bouncy truck like ride, I knew that from my first Sorento. Bought from a rental company with 12,000 on it. Interior carpet is flimsy as is the plastic arm rest, speaker covers and inside cover of rear hatch. Recent temperamental cabin fan switch problem which I understand may be a cheap repair. Can't seem to get anyone to remove the roof rack cross bars.

A real work horse. Ease of driving in all types of weather and road conditions. Multi purpose use for carrying stuff. Reliability: no major repairs in 100K miles, just brakes, battery and tires.

Better quality carpet and more durable interior coverings. Change the roof rack design for easy removal of the cross rails. Better quality interior fan switch for A/C.

Never again
By eo64

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

105K miles and it threw a rod, now it's as worthless as that 10 year /100K mile warranty. Never missed an overpriced, scheduled maintenance or 30K mile service. A lot of good it did me.

How about an engine that lasts more than 5K miles after the warranty expires?

Still going strong....103,000.
By adventrous

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my KIA Sorento brand new in 2007. I am very happy with my vehicle which has gotton me through rough times on the highway and on deserted roads. I have driven this vehicle through ice, snow, mud, rough dirt roads, and sand. I never worry about my safety because several times I almost roll-over but came back down on all fours (not that I was trying to). My family and I do a lot of traveling, camping, hiking, beaches, etc so roads are not always pave to where we are heading. Besides we live out in nowhere and roads are not paved but KIA always got us home safely. (nearest town would be 40 miles)

My favorite features would be the headlights. The lights on low beam are bright enough compared to other SUV.

I wish the height was a little higher.

Fun SUV
By 01traildriver

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven my Sorento for 80,000 miles and the only things that have been repaired or replaced are the brake rotors and a wheel bearing. The power of the engine is sweet, and I average 18mpg in the city and 21-24 on the highway. The ride is smooth and the vehicle feels very solid. I chose it because of it's off-road ability also. I have driven it on numerous 4wd trails and forest service roads with no problems. I just wish that there were more off-road modifications available for them.

Engine's power, off-road capability, low price, solid feel of chassis.

The emergency brake handle needs to be moved to a different location. It pushes into my right thigh and is uncomfortable ! I wish Kia would have offered the outside temp reading and the fog lights on the LX also