2007 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
100,000 miles and still going
By ffenwick on 08/20/13 10:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Very dependable, no major repairs, barely follow the recommended maintenance. No major complaints as I crossed the 100,000 mile mark. This is my second Kia Sorento. My son totalled my first Sorento, walked away with a scratch on his knee. The safety factor convinced me to get my second Sorento. Bouncy truck like ride, I knew that from my first Sorento. Bought from a rental company with 12,000 on it. Interior carpet is flimsy as is the plastic arm rest, speaker covers and inside cover of rear hatch. Recent temperamental cabin fan switch problem which I understand may be a cheap repair. Can't seem to get anyone to remove the roof rack cross bars.

Never again
By eo64 on 07/09/13 19:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

105K miles and it threw a rod, now it's as worthless as that 10 year /100K mile warranty. Never missed an overpriced, scheduled maintenance or 30K mile service. A lot of good it did me.

Still going strong....103,000.
By adventrous on 09/19/11 11:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my KIA Sorento brand new in 2007. I am very happy with my vehicle which has gotton me through rough times on the highway and on deserted roads. I have driven this vehicle through ice, snow, mud, rough dirt roads, and sand. I never worry about my safety because several times I almost roll-over but came back down on all fours (not that I was trying to). My family and I do a lot of traveling, camping, hiking, beaches, etc so roads are not always pave to where we are heading. Besides we live out in nowhere and roads are not paved but KIA always got us home safely. (nearest town would be 40 miles)

Fun SUV
By 01traildriver on 08/05/11 17:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven my Sorento for 80,000 miles and the only things that have been repaired or replaced are the brake rotors and a wheel bearing. The power of the engine is sweet, and I average 18mpg in the city and 21-24 on the highway. The ride is smooth and the vehicle feels very solid. I chose it because of it's off-road ability also. I have driven it on numerous 4wd trails and forest service roads with no problems. I just wish that there were more off-road modifications available for them.

3 years later
By Tennisfan on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

3 years later and i'm still happy. The kia runs like day one, still perfect! I've written two other reviews already, so this one is just a follow up to those. I recommend kia to everyone I know, they really make great SUVs.

Lousy car
By mg on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Car has leak from the top rail. Kia never fixed. Always vibrates when you brake.

Still happy after a year and a half
By Mcubed on 07/14/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '07 Sorento as a "demo/leftover" in '09 - I have a gut feeling it was originally a lemon- law vehicle (a leftover almost 2 years after model year end?) BUT I now have just shy of 35,000 and it's had 2 problems; an o2 sensor failed and a goofy hesitation issue @ 1500 RPM. Just about to do the brakes. Other than the 2 minor (fixed under warranty) issues - GREAT VEHICLE

Good car but had problems
By Chezjuan on 07/02/10 05:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I like the body style, passenger and cargo space, and power of the 2007 Kia Sorento, but I have issues with the quality of the car. Not only were there two recalls that affected the safety (front seat airbag sensor, stop lamp switch) but my car had several engine problems. Also, the OEM battery would not hold a charge and had to be replaced within 6 months.The biggest problem was that the car would refuse to start intermittently - the engine wasn't getting fuel. To get it to start, I would have to pull the fuel pump relay and replace it, then the car would work fine. After a year of trying to fix that (under warranty), the car started cutting out when driving so I replaced it.

Kia is my buddy
By Aaron on 04/25/10 10:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia as a used car. It had roughly 45000 miles on it. I was weary about Kia, but the test drive kicked the doubt to the curb. I absolutely love my Kia and would not trade for anything. It drives great, has power, and has a GREAT WARRANTY. I had an issue with an idle noise, took it to the dealer, got it back 2 hours later with no charge. Man thats sweet. I will eventually trade in my 2000 Mustang for another Kia or keep the Stang and add another car.

Won't buy another Kia
By Leslie on 03/31/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this brand new, traded in an 06 Acura TL because the Sorento was safer for my 3 kids with the 5 Star safety rating and the insurance was MUCH cheaper. It was a great vehicle for the first year or so, then the brake lights stayed illuminated and had to take to the dealership for repair. It has leaked oil non-stop for the last 2 years, and the dealer won't fix it. The brakes squeal like an old Pontiac, dealer says "brake dust" but no matter what I do I can't get it to stop. Two recalls in the last year...brake light switch and passenger airbag sensor. Would LOVE to trade it in, but the trade in value is zip. I owe 23K after 3 years, trade in value, less than 10. Never again!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.