2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: I love my Kia!

2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

I love my Kia!
By nicholas tiffin on

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia Sorento in January 2006 after quite a bit of soul searching and research on the internet. I was worried about build quality as I had heard that Kias were somewhat cheapily finished. To my satisfaction, I am very, very happy with my Sorento. It is comfortable, very economical with the diesel engine, and the body styling turns heads all the time. I was in a restaurant when I heard the manager over the PA system ask the owner of a Mercedes SUV to move the vehicle. It was only at the third call when I heard the tag number that I realized it was my Kia that needed moving! All in all, excellent value for money, I would recommend buying this car to anyone without a moment's thought.

I especially like the triptonic semiautomatic shifter, it makes mountain driving a breeze although city driving is best done with the gear set in drive.

My only real beef is with the design of the utility tray on the dash just below the AC controls. Almost invariably when opening or closing the tray I switch the AC on because the buttons are too close to the tray.