2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: Drove 6 SUVs and went back for

2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Drove 6 SUVs and went back for the KIA
By Jeremy on

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In June my wife and I decided we were going to get a new suv as we were expecting our first child in July. We test drove the Sorento and really liked it but I am one to take my time and do some research. So in the next two weeks we also test drove an Escape, an Equinox, and I had previously driven a Trailblazer and Durango. Needless to say nothing out could touch the amount of features & refinement the Kia Sorento has & for an unbeatable price. We ended up buying a White EX model with the sport package and could not be more happy with it. Our daughter is now 11 days old and really loves going for rides in the Sorento & there is more than enough room. I was even able to put a 7 foot ladder in it.

Favorite Features

Great headlights, solar glass windows, rear-wheel drive, the snow mode for loose surfaces when of road, full list of safety features including side curtain airbags, fold flat rear seats, full size spare tire on alloy wheel mounted UNDER the truck, good sounding stereo, very ergonomic interior.

Suggested Improvements

As with every vehicle I wish it had better gas mileage. I get 15.5-16 mpg in town so it gets what it is rated to get, but hey you are getting a REAL SUV with a heavy frame; quality construction means weight, in fact my friend drives an M class with a 3.5 liter and only gets 14 mpg in town.