Used 2006 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Loving my Kia!!
By Riya

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of searching and I narrowed it down to a Trailblazer, Sorento or Jeep Liberty. I am so satisfied with my decision!! This vehicle is awesome, the only complaint that I have is the seat belt sensor drives me crazy, it beeps non-stop until I put my seatbelt on! The gas mileage is decent for an SUV, but that could always be improved. I have plenty of space for myself and my 18-month old. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!

The sporty exterior, great handling and super-tight turning radius.

I absolutely hate the seat belt sensors!

Love it!
By Maui

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Sorento. I am a return buyer. I originally had the Spectra (which was too small and slugginsh for our family). I have found the Sorento to be very stylish and very well equiped. The only problem I have experienced would be that the paint is chipping off on the skirting underneath the doors. I addressed that with my local dealer and the problem was corrected and the skirting was repainted. I'd love better gas mileage (who wouldn't?) but think the powerful V6 is a fair trade. The secret compartments come in very handy and the cargo area is more than sufficient. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a midsize SUV.

Heated seats, thermostat, steering wheel stereo controls, secret compartments and the expensive appearance both inside and out.

Better gas mileage and better painting on the skirting and trim.

Ongoing Problem Kia Can't Fix
By SWFang

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the vehicle inside and out. It drives and handles well. The only problem I have is the engine light comes on and off at random always giving the same code (P506) and the vehicle stalls at random usually from a cold start, but sometimes when the vehicle is in motion. Kia has tried to fix these problems at least 4 times each but have had no success. Apparently, they want me to constantly take the vehicle in for service each time the problems happen, but it's impossible for me to do so every week. Kia doesn't seem too concerned about the problems and has said they will make no offer to resolve the problem.

Outside look, roominess, great acceleration.

Love my Kia
By cbpete

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little hesitant at first to buy a Kia, but once I drove it I knew their quality had improved dramatically over the years. It's a little rough over bumps, but it is a "truck" and otherwise an excellent ride. Long trips are more comfortable than any other car I've owned. I am in love with it inside and out. I am very pleased and proud of my choice. I test drove an Equinox and thought that the seats were awful. Kia did not skimp on interior comfort. The turning radius is amazing for the size of the vehicle.

Warranty, tons of hidden storage compartments, exterior color (gray), comfort, smooth ride, style/look, the list goes on.

Fog lights on LX would make it look great (since the holes are already there). But no real complaints.

I love my Kia!
By nicholas tiffin

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia Sorento in January 2006 after quite a bit of soul searching and research on the internet. I was worried about build quality as I had heard that Kias were somewhat cheapily finished. To my satisfaction, I am very, very happy with my Sorento. It is comfortable, very economical with the diesel engine, and the body styling turns heads all the time. I was in a restaurant when I heard the manager over the PA system ask the owner of a Mercedes SUV to move the vehicle. It was only at the third call when I heard the tag number that I realized it was my Kia that needed moving! All in all, excellent value for money, I would recommend buying this car to anyone without a moment's thought.

I especially like the triptonic semiautomatic shifter, it makes mountain driving a breeze although city driving is best done with the gear set in drive.

My only real beef is with the design of the utility tray on the dash just below the AC controls. Almost invariably when opening or closing the tray I switch the AC on because the buttons are too close to the tray.