Used 2006 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Ongoing Problem Kia Can't Fix
By SWFang

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the vehicle inside and out. It drives and handles well. The only problem I have is the engine light comes on and off at random always giving the same code (P506) and the vehicle stalls at random usually from a cold start, but sometimes when the vehicle is in motion. Kia has tried to fix these problems at least 4 times each but have had no success. Apparently, they want me to constantly take the vehicle in for service each time the problems happen, but it's impossible for me to do so every week. Kia doesn't seem too concerned about the problems and has said they will make no offer to resolve the problem.

Favorite Features

Outside look, roominess, great acceleration.

Love my Kia
By cbpete

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little hesitant at first to buy a Kia, but once I drove it I knew their quality had improved dramatically over the years. It's a little rough over bumps, but it is a "truck" and otherwise an excellent ride. Long trips are more comfortable than any other car I've owned. I am in love with it inside and out. I am very pleased and proud of my choice. I test drove an Equinox and thought that the seats were awful. Kia did not skimp on interior comfort. The turning radius is amazing for the size of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Warranty, tons of hidden storage compartments, exterior color (gray), comfort, smooth ride, style/look, the list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights on LX would make it look great (since the holes are already there). But no real complaints.

I love my Kia!
By nicholas tiffin

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia Sorento in January 2006 after quite a bit of soul searching and research on the internet. I was worried about build quality as I had heard that Kias were somewhat cheapily finished. To my satisfaction, I am very, very happy with my Sorento. It is comfortable, very economical with the diesel engine, and the body styling turns heads all the time. I was in a restaurant when I heard the manager over the PA system ask the owner of a Mercedes SUV to move the vehicle. It was only at the third call when I heard the tag number that I realized it was my Kia that needed moving! All in all, excellent value for money, I would recommend buying this car to anyone without a moment's thought.

Favorite Features

I especially like the triptonic semiautomatic shifter, it makes mountain driving a breeze although city driving is best done with the gear set in drive.

Suggested Improvements

My only real beef is with the design of the utility tray on the dash just below the AC controls. Almost invariably when opening or closing the tray I switch the AC on because the buttons are too close to the tray.

My first Kia
By L

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Kia and I really like the Sorento EX. I heard pros and cons about the Kia Sorento when I was shopping around, but after comparing several SUVs, I like the interior and exterior design of the Sorento the best. We travel a lot and the ride is very comfortable and it's fun to drive!

Favorite Features

The interior and exterior is very sharp looking and it is well equipped with all the bells and whistles!

Suggested Improvements

With gas prices like they are, wish it got about 25 miles per gallon! Other than that, can't complain.

Out of Asia KIA
By jesse222

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

More fun than a sport sedan, quieter than an ML320, smoother than a range rover, best SUV at any price, hands down!!

Favorite Features

Quickness and smoothness of the engine and transmission, handles great, fun to drive!!

Suggested Improvements

Make a supercharged high performance version with chrome 20" wheels standard.