2006 Kia Sorento LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2006 Sorento Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Sort Reviews by

2006 KIA Sorento
By Claudia

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Thanks for such a great SUV. I love to drive my KIA. It handles very well on curves. I like the room it has inside for my family, yet it feels like a smaller SUV. I has a good ride and is comfortable on long trips.

KIA
By Tank32

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased to have purchased this vehicle. Amazed how smooth and quite it is. It's very easy to get the kids in and out of since the door space is large as well as the overall inside space. Makes road trips fun and just plain happy about it.

Good for big people
By assemblage

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got this cause I'm 6'4",280lbs and it's very comfortable. Except for the parking brake placement I'm very comfortable sitting in the SUV. Love the soft fuzzy cloth, engine power (much better than Sportage), being higher so other's head lights aren't blinding me, and it looks really stylish, very similar to a Lexus. Warranty is great & we paid a bit more for a 3rd party extended warranty to make it 10 year, 100k mile bumper to bumper. Fuel economy could be better, but with the price & warranty, it'd be cheaper buying the extra gas then buying a Ford Escape or Saturn VUE.

Favorite Features

Interior space, styling, vehicle height and engine power. Standardized option packages made it easy to shop and avoid add ons. Like step rails, bright lights, alloy wheels, warranty, fabric, front floor mat clips keep them from creeping up.

Suggested Improvements

Parking brake is in a horrible position. When I sit in the car, the hard handle is a stick poking me in the leg. Thumbs down on fuel economy. Would like optional extended warranty through Kia. 100lb limit on roof rack makes them almost worthless. Unfocused map lights.