2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
A Good Buy
By Sorentoluva on 05/14/06 21:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Sorento is a user friendly vehicle to drive especially here in the Bahamas where you need a ride that is tough and rugged to handle some of those 'bad' roads down here. It offers smooth handling and the power is there when needed for those open roads where sometimes I am surprised by its quickness, mine is the 3.5 V6. All in all I really like my Sorento and intend to enjoy it for as long as I can. What I really like is that it offers some features that an Explorer doesn't. I have to give it to Kia for the design and shape on the exterior. Those guys really kicked it up a notch. In my opinion the Sorento has one of the sportiest shape of all suv's you can find anywhere period.

My Kia
By Leigh Jordan on 05/06/06 22:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my KIA Sorento! It is very reliable, so far no problems at all, the services that come the KIA are priceless and performed with a smile. You couldn't purchase a more reliable, more economical, or better looking SUV than the KIA Sorento!

My First Automatic!
By Sam on 04/14/06 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my Kia Sorento almost 3 weeks ago and love the driving experience. Tight. Interior layout is great; suits my expectations and needs for a SUV. The quality in this vehicle will be felt every time you drive it. Feels like I drive something much more expensive. Want a vehicle for almost any need? Check out a Kia Sorento!

Kia Sorento
By Mr Hank on 03/28/06 23:29 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With 14k miles behind me I am mostly satisfied with the purchase. Visually this is still one of the sharpest mid size suvs around for my money. Very solid build, well laid out interior and rugged exterior put the domestic models to shame. Four wheel drive works like a charm, engine has plenty of punch for highway cruising or zipping through traffic. Engine sounds a bit loud in passing gear and transmission seems unsophisticated and tends to shift at odd times. Gas mileage is also a big disappointment. Overall this vehicle offers a lot of bang for the buck and as long as it keeps humming along and I don't have to take advantage of the fantastic warranty offered it will serve its purpose.

Fun and Safe
By Louis on 03/28/06 18:45 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Sorento EX for 5 months with no problems. Great for mountains or anywhere but I do not off road. High winds and big trucks passing, no problems. Gas mileage 20 in town and up to 25 on the highway. Comfort great, looks great, rides great. Placement of cup holders just right. No complaints.

Great car ...I bought 2 in a week
By TnBulRdr on 03/25/06 11:26 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like to drive the vehicle and it is smooth and fun. I think it should have better gas mileage due to its size, but oh well. I liked my wife's so much, I bought a second one a week later, so we have 2 in the garage. They are great cars and worth the price.

Kelly's Kia
By Frog88 on 02/27/06 07:10 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Kia 1 week and I love it. I have to be careful with the speed because it drives so smooth you can get caught speeding before you know it. I love the look and comfort.

Best New Purchase I have made
By rsigler on 02/25/06 03:52 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my SUV one week ago and couldn't be happier. I have had no problems and the more you drive it the more you like it. I have purchased a few new vehicles over time and this one is exceeding my expectations and is my favorite.

SURPRISING
By jc on 02/24/06 16:58 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My latest new Kia Sorrento LX 2WD wasn't "the car" I wanted to buy. I am glad I got it. It has shown excellent performance, and its design and engineering put you in total control. This car is a great mini SUV. Fuel economy (highway driving) has been 14mph average so that's a bit disappointing with today's oil prices. I've tested it on windy, normal, foggy, rainy, snowy conditions with huge success. No fear of ever losing control. The design and engineering are way at the top for this car! Overall I'm one pleased KIA buyer. The interior is also decent, could use more perks, and I'm into leather, but hey I'd recommend it to anyone seeking a good balance of car to price. Make a good deal & get one.

I love my Sorento
By MICHAEL POWELL on 02/19/06 02:48 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Sorento for 1 year. I have nothing but praise for this vehicle. I feel that for the money you could not ask for a better SUV. I did a good amount of research and test driving of many comparable SUV's and feel I made the best choice. I would highly recommend anyone wishing to purchase a midsize SUV to seriously consider this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.