Used 2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

I'm luvin' it
By Shari

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

It has been a year now and I have to tell you this thing is really fun to drive. My only complaint would be gas mileage...but it is an SUV so what did I expect. Overall this is a great car very comfortable...and did I mention fun to drive?

Favorite Features

The sound system and exterior

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

Have owned 2 Kia Sorento's
By Robin

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 2 Sorento's,EX is loaded,I love it all, gas mileage is good when comparing to other SUV's, Kia is built better and tougher than most, Great price range, sometimes you get what you pay for , but with Kia you get more than you pay for, Great job Kia!

Favorite Features

all around comfort and style

Suggested Improvements

the only thing that I did not like was you have to take out the headrest in the back when you fold down the seats

I'm Happy
By cajun

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far after 3 weeks the wife is still happy so I'm happy. Comfort and accessing the controls is easy, all within reach. The ride is better than the Taurus it replaced. The steering is something I had to get used to. It seems a little sluggish, not as responsive as other cars I've owned.

Favorite Features

Sound system, roominess in the drivers seat, the style of the ext. and int.

Suggested Improvements

The steering and of course the MPG. Give the option of a slightly higher geared rear end for those who don't go mountain climbing with their SUVs.

Loving my Kia!!
By Riya

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of searching and I narrowed it down to a Trailblazer, Sorento or Jeep Liberty. I am so satisfied with my decision!! This vehicle is awesome, the only complaint that I have is the seat belt sensor drives me crazy, it beeps non-stop until I put my seatbelt on! The gas mileage is decent for an SUV, but that could always be improved. I have plenty of space for myself and my 18-month old. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!

Favorite Features

The sporty exterior, great handling and super-tight turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

I absolutely hate the seat belt sensors!

Love it!
By Maui

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Sorento. I am a return buyer. I originally had the Spectra (which was too small and slugginsh for our family). I have found the Sorento to be very stylish and very well equiped. The only problem I have experienced would be that the paint is chipping off on the skirting underneath the doors. I addressed that with my local dealer and the problem was corrected and the skirting was repainted. I'd love better gas mileage (who wouldn't?) but think the powerful V6 is a fair trade. The secret compartments come in very handy and the cargo area is more than sufficient. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a midsize SUV.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, thermostat, steering wheel stereo controls, secret compartments and the expensive appearance both inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and better painting on the skirting and trim.