2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Happy with KIA
By Jimbo on 08/10/06 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only driven 4200 miles since bought this car. Most of miles on a trip to Las Vegas. It drove really good and was fun to drive. Around town I drive my l995 Geo Tracker just to save using the Kia. I hope to take another trip soon. The only thing I think is crazy, they say to change oil at 7500 miles. All my cars get changed at 2000 - 3000 miles. I have always done this and have never had any engine trouble with any car regardless of the make.

Loving My Kia
By Becca on 07/27/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded a F150 pickup for this Sorento for me to take care of "Mom" duty. I have come to love it. I use to have anxiety about driving, not now! I can fit so much stuff inside that suv. I put a basketball goal in back. We fit two households of shopping plus two adults and three kids. I have found that there is nothing standing in my way. It is sporty, fun, and NOT TOO big for me to park! Driving an automobile that was too large for me had really robbed me of the freedom of driving. I would come home with tension headaches. Now I love to drive and feel that makes driving safer. Thanks Kia, I feel like my Sorento was custom made for me and my life! And It isn't a minivan. GREAT!

love my new Sorento
By pedro on 07/17/06 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Sorento for the first time about two weeks ago. I loved it. The ride was excellent. Yesterday I went to the same dealer I purchased my new Kia Sportage in 1998, test drove the Sorento again and...drove it home. I purchased the LX with running board and flood lamps. I paid around $22K TOTAL. Did I say I love this car (suv)? If you are looking at the RAV4, Jeep Liberty, Suzuki Grand Vitara. the Kia Sorento has all them beat, HANDS DOWN. Same price or even cheaper. I wanted to buy the EX but was not crazy about the sunroof. The ride is very smooth. I LOVE IT.

Drove 6 SUVs and went back for the KIA
By Jeremy on 07/15/06 17:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In June my wife and I decided we were going to get a new suv as we were expecting our first child in July. We test drove the Sorento and really liked it but I am one to take my time and do some research. So in the next two weeks we also test drove an Escape, an Equinox, and I had previously driven a Trailblazer and Durango. Needless to say nothing out could touch the amount of features & refinement the Kia Sorento has & for an unbeatable price. We ended up buying a White EX model with the sport package and could not be more happy with it. Our daughter is now 11 days old and really loves going for rides in the Sorento & there is more than enough room. I was even able to put a 7 foot ladder in it.

great vehicle
By linebacker71 on 07/11/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. Good gas mileage, very comfortable. Dealership people very helpful.

I used to be a "Chevy Man"...
By Frizzer on 06/07/06 15:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

...until I bought my 2006 Kia Sorento! I have owned my Sorento for 7 weeks and have put over 4,000 miles on it, mostly commuting. This vehicle is comfortable, powerful and fun to drive. It is good for lugging the kids to practice and it looks good when I take my wife out. My wife and I have always bought Chevy trucks before and after test driving the Kia Sorento and experiencing quality again, we were sold. The Kia Sorento is the perfect all around family car.

Love it!
By Laney on 05/25/06 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this car! Everyone stops me and can't believe it's a Kia, it looks more like the Acura SUV, at a fraction of the price. Gas isn't great but what SUV is. My mom is buying the same car now and my friend is even looking into it. Fabulous!

A Great Looking SUV
By Jon on 05/24/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Sorento LX and couldn't be more pleased. I have owned many new cars before and this one is a lot of fun to drive! The price, the warranty, and all the standard options that comes with the Sorento made this purchase a no brainer. Looks exactly like the Lexus SUV but without the price.

An Awesome Buy
By heavenlyvalvkc on 05/15/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this on Saturday and went off roading on Sunday. It did great over the different dirt and rock roads. The seats could use a little more padding for me, but over all we were very happy with this purchase. This was a great purchase for Arizona and we look forward to taking it out again for more adventures. I only wish this was a 7 person vehicle so that we could take all 5 boys out offroading.

A Good Buy
By Sorentoluva on 05/14/06 21:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Sorento is a user friendly vehicle to drive especially here in the Bahamas where you need a ride that is tough and rugged to handle some of those 'bad' roads down here. It offers smooth handling and the power is there when needed for those open roads where sometimes I am surprised by its quickness, mine is the 3.5 V6. All in all I really like my Sorento and intend to enjoy it for as long as I can. What I really like is that it offers some features that an Explorer doesn't. I have to give it to Kia for the design and shape on the exterior. Those guys really kicked it up a notch. In my opinion the Sorento has one of the sportiest shape of all suv's you can find anywhere period.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.