2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
2006 Kia Sorento over looked
By al kniss on 12/12/06 11:03 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have driven our Kia for over 2 years and are planning another trip this winter with it. It seems rugged, comfortable and reliable to drive,

2006 KIA Sorento (4 x 4)
By MDKarney on 12/05/06 03:21 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My KIA Sorento drives like a luxury car, but offers me greater visibility and safety driving on roads filled with large trucks and SUVs. The only things I would like to change about this vehicle is for it to have a two additional rear seats and to increase the horsepower, as I like quick pickup if I need it. Although, starting off and maintaining a "normal" speed offers me greater gas mileage. I also find the warranty to be better than most vehicles out there! Hopefully with proper maintenance of this vehicle, I will not have to use it. While the KIA Sorento is not the most popular SUV out there, I highly recommend anyone to at least look into this SUV and give it serious consideration.

2006 Kia Sorento EX Lux Edition
By Steven on 12/04/06 16:33 PM (PST)

Quit, fast and reliable.

Kia Sorento - Gas Mileage
By Tim on 11/19/06 19:15 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle but gas mileage has been lower than expected. 17-18 on the highway.

Poor MPG
By Judy on 10/31/06 04:37 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have no problem with the car other than the MPG is really poor. I get around 16 in the City and around 21 on the Highway. With today's gas prices that hurts. It is comfortable, but wish there was more adjustment options in the driver and passenger front seats.

I love my Sorento!
By Stacey on 10/18/06 08:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't know what the "Professionals" are talking about when they review this vehicle. Before I bought mine, I read all of the magazines out there that talked about how, "Unstable, awkward and hard to control," the Kia Sorento was. But obviously, these "Professionals" never owned one. I LOVE MY SORENTO! It is perfect. It is easy and fun to drive; handles great, easy for people of ALL sizes to get in and out of...plus, it really does not do too bad on gas mileage. (I am getting about 17-18 mpg around town). All I can say is if you are thinking about purchasing a midsize SUV, drive one of these Sorentos, first. Then base your opinion on your own experience, not what the "magazines" say.

Love My Sorrento
By Steve on 10/16/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this as a demo, with 12000m. I love it and only a few minor problems the dealer dealt with. Fun factor of 12 out of 10. Front brakes will need to be turned at 15000m. Keep that in mind.

06 Kia Sorento
By Tonibugg on 10/05/06 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this SUV!! It handles great and the body style is sleek. My husband was not thrilled about buying a Kia at first but the warranty, free oil changes, and standard safety features for the price spoke volumes! It is my best car purchase to date. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone interested in an SUV!

2006 KIA Sorento EX Sport
By Robert McCoin on 09/28/06 22:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle for the money. Fun to drive.

drove it across the U.S.A. - Very good
By Jack on 09/19/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in March 2006 and drove it across the entire U.S. Very comfortable and performed great. My neighbor borrowed it for a few hours and absolutely enjoyed the SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.