Used 2006 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Great SUV for price
By Alex

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my SUV new in Sept. 06 as I needed a reliable car for commuting to work. I have put on over 91000 miles on it and it is still drives like new. I have replaced the fluids per factory schedule and new set of tires at 60000 miles. The only minor problems are the break light bulbs had to be replaced each year and both power side mirrors stopped working recently. Power train is still going strong along with everything else. I strongly recommend this care and would by another one.

Looks, reliability, value

Electrical and fuel economy

Never Again!
By lori

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had nothing but trouble since we bought this thing. We've had to have new rotors put on after the first 15,000 miles.The interior lights stopped working. Have had to change countless bulbs in the head lights and tail lights. The transmission has gone out and dumped $1600. in having it worked on and still on working properly. The front seat design is horrible for long trips - across the country. The only good thing about this junk is that it is paid for. I'll never buy another KIA!

Electrical Issues
By terlstarr

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car with the exception of the electrical issues I have been having for over a year. I can't count how many headlights and brake lights I have had to replace because they keep blowing! Also the interior dome light chooses when it wants to work as well as the lights on the vent control located on the dash.

Better electrical set up.

sorento garbage
By christine

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a Kia again because I had such exceptional quality with the first one. Then I bought the Sorento and have had nothing but issues with it. In the last 4 weeks I have dropped $3000.00 into it from things not covered under the warranty. Things that should last longer than 3 years. Drive shaft, AC compressor. I will never buy another Kia product again and have made statements online and to allmy friends and family not to buy Kia's because they fall apart after a couple of years.

Love My Kia
By Dana

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Kia in Oct. of 06 in TX, drove it back to CA in Two days. Very reliable, had no problems, thank God and Held 3 medium size cat carriers all in a row in the back fold down seat. My Kia has 12,000 little miles on it now, and knock on wood I've never had a problem yet. I keep up on the maint. with oil change and so far one tire rotation and its still ticking onward. Some cars are lemons, and I'm glad my wasn't.

Everything

None at this time....Just keep making them as safe as you can Kia!