2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Book by its cover
By Ed on 06/23/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If it ran all the time, this would be the best small SUV on the market. It's well appointed. It drives beautifully. It's powerful and not to bad on gas. All in all, I'd say Kia is on the right track. There's only one drawback. It must have been built by a drunken monkey on Monday morning after a long weekend. The headlights burn out in pairs every 3-4 months. I'm on transmission number 3 and the radio needed to be replaced after 9 months. The most aggravating thing is the alarm system which has a mind of it's own. It's been 2 years and it still triggers whenever it feels like it (2AM in the garage or on the highway at 65 MPH) leaving you stranded until a tow truck takes it home to KIA.

Absoloutly love this car
By Siobhan on 06/14/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love it, love it love, it. Very spacey and comfy have. Made many long trips in it and never a sore back or rear end. It handles great and is very quiet. Plenty of storage space between the two middle consoles and the under passenger seat console. Had it two years and has not been in the shop once except for regular maintenance. Upholstery repels stains very well. Have had a baby in it for 90 percent of the ownership and still no stains. Would definitely recommend this vehicle

Loved My Kia
By Sheri on 05/31/08 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a 2006 Sorento Lx for one year. To no fault of my own it was involved in an accident and totaled. I miss it and wish I still had it. It was so much fun to drive. Plenty of room for me and my 3 young kids! The sport trac shifter it had was wonderful! I really wish I still had it or could get another one NOW!! I loved that car!

So glad I listened to mom!! I love it!
By jennjan68 on 05/30/08 15:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So glad I listened to my mom!! I love it! I am the second owner of this KIA. I just bought it 5 days ago from a local dealership here in AZ. with 32,500 miles on it...And it looks, drives and handles like its brand new. I AM IMPRESSED! I know that I've only my KIA for under a week, but I feel very confident in saying that I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a mid size SUV. I work in the rental car industry, so I'm able to drive all sorts of vehicles. And with our fleet changing every few months, I've gotten the full experience of each and every SUV out there sm. to lg. & affordable to expensive. The KIA Sorento gets an A+ in my opinion!

Could be better....
By SterlingBlue on 05/23/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I love this vehicle. It is fun to drive and it suits me much better than a sedan. However I bought a black car and the paint's finish looked like someone had wiped down the vehicle with sandpaper. I noticed the defect the day after purchasing it. I fought for 12 months to get it fixed. Neither Kia nor dealer would take responsibility. I have had the car waxed/buffed/shined at least 20 times by professionals and the scratches will not go away. Shame on you Kia!! For this reason I will never buy from Kia again.

I'm luvin' it
By Shari on 03/20/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

It has been a year now and I have to tell you this thing is really fun to drive. My only complaint would be gas mileage...but it is an SUV so what did I expect. Overall this is a great car very comfortable...and did I mention fun to drive?

Have owned 2 Kia Sorento's
By Robin on 03/14/08 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 2 Sorento's,EX is loaded,I love it all, gas mileage is good when comparing to other SUV's, Kia is built better and tougher than most, Great price range, sometimes you get what you pay for , but with Kia you get more than you pay for, Great job Kia!

I'm Happy
By cajun on 11/18/07 05:00 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far after 3 weeks the wife is still happy so I'm happy. Comfort and accessing the controls is easy, all within reach. The ride is better than the Taurus it replaced. The steering is something I had to get used to. It seems a little sluggish, not as responsive as other cars I've owned.

Loving my Kia!!
By Riya on 10/17/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of searching and I narrowed it down to a Trailblazer, Sorento or Jeep Liberty. I am so satisfied with my decision!! This vehicle is awesome, the only complaint that I have is the seat belt sensor drives me crazy, it beeps non-stop until I put my seatbelt on! The gas mileage is decent for an SUV, but that could always be improved. I have plenty of space for myself and my 18-month old. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!

Love it!
By Maui on 08/02/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Sorento. I am a return buyer. I originally had the Spectra (which was too small and slugginsh for our family). I have found the Sorento to be very stylish and very well equiped. The only problem I have experienced would be that the paint is chipping off on the skirting underneath the doors. I addressed that with my local dealer and the problem was corrected and the skirting was repainted. I'd love better gas mileage (who wouldn't?) but think the powerful V6 is a fair trade. The secret compartments come in very handy and the cargo area is more than sufficient. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a midsize SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.