Used 2006 Kia Sorento LX Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Love my Kia
By cbpete

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little hesitant at first to buy a Kia, but once I drove it I knew their quality had improved dramatically over the years. It's a little rough over bumps, but it is a "truck" and otherwise an excellent ride. Long trips are more comfortable than any other car I've owned. I am in love with it inside and out. I am very pleased and proud of my choice. I test drove an Equinox and thought that the seats were awful. Kia did not skimp on interior comfort. The turning radius is amazing for the size of the vehicle.

Warranty, tons of hidden storage compartments, exterior color (gray), comfort, smooth ride, style/look, the list goes on.

Fog lights on LX would make it look great (since the holes are already there). But no real complaints.

Out of Asia KIA
By jesse222

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

More fun than a sport sedan, quieter than an ML320, smoother than a range rover, best SUV at any price, hands down!!

Quickness and smoothness of the engine and transmission, handles great, fun to drive!!

Make a supercharged high performance version with chrome 20" wheels standard.

trucks except dealer stinks
By hsanantonio

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck. I used to own a US built, but that will never happen again. The performance is great. After changing to a k&n filter, the truck handled a long drive of 3k miles. I owned a Sephia before and loved the reliability of it.

Great interior room, and towing cap.

A little more spring rating in the rear so when it's loaded up it doesn't sag.

Love My New Kia
By Dana

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Searched on Edmunds site for 3 months for a mid-size SUV and narrowed my choice down to 3. The Toyota Highlander, CR-V and the Kia Sorento. I went with the Sorento due to price and its over safety rating, not to mention the quality of build compared to the other two listed I researched. You may use a little more gas for a V-6, but not much. Really depends on how you drive. The Kia is well worth the buy. I love it and have not had one problem since I bought it three months ago.

Very roomy. The back seat is just as roomy as the front bucket seats. Interior is not cheap and plastic looking, everything inside is in just the right reach. Love that is has side and front airbags. I could go on and on. I made sure I did my research first, and the Sorento is a well made car.

None at this time. A good, well made safe vehicle.

2006 Kia Sorento over looked
By al kniss

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have driven our Kia for over 2 years and are planning another trip this winter with it. It seems rugged, comfortable and reliable to drive,

Fuel economy (like all SUV's) needs to be addressed for the future.