2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Solid performer w/minor illnesses...
By Gramotey on 03/26/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Kia purchase was quite impulsive: we've liked the ride quality right away,and we've been specifically looking for 4x4 capabilities, some economy...bought this as no 4x4 Tuscons were available in Texas :) Body is incredibly rigid,some serious off-road performance.Comfortable and predictive road manners,good breaking backed-up by standard ABS.Reasonable controls,very good visibility,very good stock sound(although we both are missing mp3/USB/AUX jacks).Outlet in the trunk was quite a nice find!Minor problems we've seen so far is 2 blown turn signal lamps(they are doubled,however) which I had replaced and that was the end of it as of now, and main dome light is incommunicado. That's minor...

Wish I would've never purchased
By see on 03/09/09 07:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Although, the car drives fine. It has so many problems its rediculous. I purchased new in 06. If it is windy outside and you are driving- be prepared for an annoying LOUD whistle. The wind hits the windshield at the top and makes a horrible noise. I guess its the way its made. The cd player already quit working. I didnt even use it much. The heater comes and goes as it pleases. The dome light also comes and goes as it pleases. Also, the 4x4 light comes off and on. Overall the car does get me where I need to go, but all of these "little" things have ruined it for me. Can't wait to get a different car!

I need to brag
By john on 03/05/09 15:30 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I need to brag about my Sorento. Purchased in Sept. 06, I travel alot. I currently have 158,690 miles on it. The only issue was needing to replace the transfer case ($700 on Ebay). Tires, brakes and oil changes have been my only real purchases. As I looked at getting a replacement vehicle, I had to ask why. There is not a squeak or rattle. It handles the way it did on day one, and I can still tow my 4-wheeler to northern Maine (250 miles one way) without a problem. If you can deal with "not great" fuel economy, buy one. It is the best purchase I have ever made.

Happy Newbie
By Emann on 01/26/09 05:33 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased the 2006 Sorento with 35K 4x2 5 speed manual. The 3.5 L V6 has more power than it needs which will hopefully last much longer as a result. What little body roll there is, it is very steady and comfortable around tighter curves and corners. The steering radius is extremely tight and impressive. I am fairly confident that I will be remaining a happy customer. Cheers!

2006 Kia Sorento review
By Ken on 12/23/08 11:51 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

My 06 Kia Sorento was the first NEW vehicle I had ever purchased. I figured with the used cars and trucks in the past, I had been spending too much in repairs. With the warranty of the Kia 10 yr/100,000 mile how could I go wrong? So far I've driven 51,000 miles in my Sorento and other than regular oil changes and tire rotations I've not had 1 problem. The gas mileage could be a little better, but I get 19-20 mpg in the city. I think most who claim poor mileage could be due to poor driving habits. Also my Sorento in a manual. I would suggest you check out the Kia Sorento if you are looking for a mid sized SUV!

Very Decent But
By michelej898 on 10/16/08 20:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle 11 months. I bought it with 37,000 and only have 41,000 on it now. I drive mostly small town, light traffic but lots of lights. Speed limits of 30-35 mph. Gas mileage is about 15.5. I am also having problems with headlights, brake lights, etc. Have replaced both headlights, a marker light, and one brake light twice. Luckily hubby is a mechanic but there must be something going on if lights keep burning out. On the other hand, lights are easily changed and cheap! But still.

Great Car
By sportdee on 09/14/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Haven't had any issues with the car other than frequent burn out of rear lights. Fun to drive, nice to travel in, and plenty of room for 4. I would get another one in the future!

Electrical System is Bad
By marilynh on 09/08/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I researched my Kia and made my decision to buy. My Kia runs well but have had many other problems, the wheels lost their paint, Kia replaced them, the new set is losing their paint. The gas cap door latch broke, the gas pedal stuck, I had to pay. I've replaced 4 headlights 1 turn signal and 1 break light within 6 months at my expense. Did I make the right choice? No. Also on my second set of tires.

loved it but bad gas mileage
By krista57 on 08/10/08 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did absolutly love my Kia but the gas mileage was un beleivable. I checked it twice on the gas mileage to see what I was getting and both times it said 15.5 mpg. I could not believe it. I just traded it in on a Pontiac g6. But if it weren't for the gas I would never have traded it in.

Very good car for the money
By EML on 06/27/08 05:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first KIA and feel that it will not be my last. I have been a Ford customer for many years and Ford has been very good too, but I just like the style and how this KIA operates.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.