2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
"Killed In Action!"
By K8 on 06/16/10 02:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I hate to think i spent all that money on a car i worry about more than my physical health after a roll over that almost took my life at age 27. Kia on the west side of Olympia have been more of a problem then the car. Check engine light (they cleared without fixing), wheel bearing x2 in the shop yesterday & it's my fault at 60k, pulls, shakes, squeaks, break light countless times has been replaced, how it rides scares me to death. I worry about a new problem more then the price of gas. I promise I will tell 1,000 if not more people that this car is the "biggest waste of time & money ever spent." I hate this car! My lifted 04 Rubicon is safer, even after it rolled x5 at 70 mph!

Worst car ever
By Dontdoit! on 04/30/10 22:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't have enough room to get too detailed but its been in the shop since 5k miles so far 21 times for electrical problems, brake lights, headlights, check engine light coming on, new transmission, brakes X3, u-joints, huge vibration on floor board, squealing belts and KIA acts as if this is my fault and it only has 67k miles on it. I will NEVER buy another Kia as long as I live. I read the posting and there seems to be alot of the same problems I am having with mine. Now its value dropped so much I cant even exchange the vehicle for something else. It's a dangerous car to have, therefore retained an attorney.

I love my Kia truck
By tiffany on 03/05/10 20:58 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Kia this year with 67,000 miles. Car fax came back clean. My truck drives good. It Burns a lot of gas but I don't mind because I enjoy driving it. Looking forward to buying another one in a couple of years. Never thought I would a Kia cause I was told they were cheap vehicles. That's why you shouldn't knock it until you try it!

Great SUV
By Stephanie on 02/14/10 10:15 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned our Sorento for 3-1/2 years and have been pleasantly surprised. We had never owned a Kia or knew anyone who owned one and were worried about the quality as a result. It has over 30k miles on it and we've never had a single problem, issue, or bug with it. We mostly use it for short trips around town, but it has performed well in all sorts of conditions (snowy mountain, rural desert roads, regular big city driving with constant breaking and fast accelerating). We've gotten the oil changed regularly and done the recommended maintenance, but other than that, it's required no trips to the dealer or shop.

a disappointing surprise
By harold on 02/07/10 18:04 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Needed a new engine when 11 months old. Clock ran 10 min fast. Headlights needed replacing every year. With 60,000 miles on the new engine it needed new coils for $1800 and was dripping oil in the garage. Lots of noise recently--needed new manifold pipes. Traded it for a Honda CRV last week. Truly a disappointment. A 10-year warranty did not cover anything but the new engine.

Great SUV for price
By Alex on 01/17/10 19:18 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my SUV new in Sept. 06 as I needed a reliable car for commuting to work. I have put on over 91000 miles on it and it is still drives like new. I have replaced the fluids per factory schedule and new set of tires at 60000 miles. The only minor problems are the break light bulbs had to be replaced each year and both power side mirrors stopped working recently. Power train is still going strong along with everything else. I strongly recommend this care and would by another one.

Never Again!
By lori on 09/29/09 22:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had nothing but trouble since we bought this thing. We've had to have new rotors put on after the first 15,000 miles.The interior lights stopped working. Have had to change countless bulbs in the head lights and tail lights. The transmission has gone out and dumped $1600. in having it worked on and still on working properly. The front seat design is horrible for long trips - across the country. The only good thing about this junk is that it is paid for. I'll never buy another KIA!

Electrical Issues
By terlstarr on 08/10/09 05:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car with the exception of the electrical issues I have been having for over a year. I can't count how many headlights and brake lights I have had to replace because they keep blowing! Also the interior dome light chooses when it wants to work as well as the lights on the vent control located on the dash.

sorento garbage
By christine on 07/09/09 23:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a Kia again because I had such exceptional quality with the first one. Then I bought the Sorento and have had nothing but issues with it. In the last 4 weeks I have dropped $3000.00 into it from things not covered under the warranty. Things that should last longer than 3 years. Drive shaft, AC compressor. I will never buy another Kia product again and have made statements online and to allmy friends and family not to buy Kia's because they fall apart after a couple of years.

Love My Kia
By Dana on 05/17/09 15:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Kia in Oct. of 06 in TX, drove it back to CA in Two days. Very reliable, had no problems, thank God and Held 3 medium size cat carriers all in a row in the back fold down seat. My Kia has 12,000 little miles on it now, and knock on wood I've never had a problem yet. I keep up on the maint. with oil change and so far one tire rotation and its still ticking onward. Some cars are lemons, and I'm glad my wasn't.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.