Used 2006 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Would buy 5!!!
By sweet_deal

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! It I has been my favorite! I bought it used, with 16500 miles on it. For an 06 I bought in 07, the one thing I have replaced on it and right now it's 2014, is a battery! Knock on wood... Gas isn't really good but I put better gas in it rather than unleaded, that raises it almost double. I put injection cleaner in all the time! Keep it clean, all fluids good all the time. Best kinds, to make sure runs tip top! I could not ask for a better car.

4x4, stereo system, large back for storage, foldable seats for more storage! Great pick up! Great handle.

Blind spots.

Don't make a mistake
By pmjudianne

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had to replace headlights frequently and out of nowhere it started clicking in the motor. We called the local Kia dealer in Lufkin and they told us that sometimes a lifter gets stuck and just to put in "SeaFoam" oil. We did and the sound just got louder, we called again, the car had only 73000 miles and they repeated that there was nothing to worry about and just to "rev" the motor and it would work its way loose. One week later the car was still clicking and we called again, the mechanic said we would have to just give the oil time to work. We did just what they said and the motor froze up. Then we found out they would not honor the warranty because we were not the original owners.

Headroom is okay. Turning radius is fine. Gas consumption is mediocre. Lights and electrical systems need a lot of work--if you buy one, be prepared to replace the lights often.

Suggest that they warn all people buying the Kia not to. Put your money somewhere else. Warn people that the 100000 mile warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on and only for a sales pitch. Warn people that when calling Kia car dealerships for advice to take that advice and throw it into the nearest river.

Would not recomend
By maddogsmama

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2006 Kia Sorento LX in 2010 and since then I've had nothing but problems! I replaced the crank shaft sensor, cam shaft sensor and the AC. With labor and parts that cost me about 1,600. I have only put 20,000mi on it since I bought it! Therefore, I would NOT recommend a Kia to anyone!! My first experience as a Kia owner was nothing but a headache!

Not so sure...
By lindsey1242

2006 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my Kia less than a week ago and these reviews are scaring me. Probably should have looked at reviews before I bought... Anyway, I really like everything about the car so far except today I turned on the head lights for the first time, and the dome and map lights come on with the head lights and so far I can't get them to turn off while the headlights are on. I really don't want to drive at night with all the lights on inside the car. Shucks. I hope this wasn't a bad choice.

The power, the handling and the interior style/comfort.

Decent car
By princ_e_pal

2006 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had our Sorento now for about 4 weeks! Since then, I've replaced the same brake light 2x. I guess there is a recall out for the switch but need to take it in sometime. Also, heard that LED bulbs will fix the problem since they take such low voltage to work. The airbag light has been on and I guess it could be an issue with the sensor in the seat or seatbelts. Take it to a reliable autobody place! They can solve most of the issues that the KIA dealer will SCREW you over. I'm about 6' tall and feel like the sorento is a "chick" car. the seats sit up high and don't really adjust so I need to scrunch down to see out the window under the mirror. It does handle well and has power.

Price, tinted windows, storage, power

reliable lighting, AWD, height adjustment seats, better mileage, running boards I can get my feet on! 3rd row seating, larger cargo area.