2006 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Would buy 5!!!
By sweet_deal on 06/22/14 07:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! It I has been my favorite! I bought it used, with 16500 miles on it. For an 06 I bought in 07, the one thing I have replaced on it and right now it's 2014, is a battery! Knock on wood... Gas isn't really good but I put better gas in it rather than unleaded, that raises it almost double. I put injection cleaner in all the time! Keep it clean, all fluids good all the time. Best kinds, to make sure runs tip top! I could not ask for a better car.

Don't make a mistake
By pmjudianne on 04/05/14 18:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had to replace headlights frequently and out of nowhere it started clicking in the motor. We called the local Kia dealer in Lufkin and they told us that sometimes a lifter gets stuck and just to put in "SeaFoam" oil. We did and the sound just got louder, we called again, the car had only 73000 miles and they repeated that there was nothing to worry about and just to "rev" the motor and it would work its way loose. One week later the car was still clicking and we called again, the mechanic said we would have to just give the oil time to work. We did just what they said and the motor froze up. Then we found out they would not honor the warranty because we were not the original owners.

Would not recomend
By maddogsmama on 02/25/14 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2006 Kia Sorento LX in 2010 and since then I've had nothing but problems! I replaced the crank shaft sensor, cam shaft sensor and the AC. With labor and parts that cost me about 1,600. I have only put 20,000mi on it since I bought it! Therefore, I would NOT recommend a Kia to anyone!! My first experience as a Kia owner was nothing but a headache!

Not so sure...
By lindsey1242 on 09/05/12 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my Kia less than a week ago and these reviews are scaring me. Probably should have looked at reviews before I bought... Anyway, I really like everything about the car so far except today I turned on the head lights for the first time, and the dome and map lights come on with the head lights and so far I can't get them to turn off while the headlights are on. I really don't want to drive at night with all the lights on inside the car. Shucks. I hope this wasn't a bad choice.

Decent car
By princ_e_pal on 04/18/11 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had our Sorento now for about 4 weeks! Since then, I've replaced the same brake light 2x. I guess there is a recall out for the switch but need to take it in sometime. Also, heard that LED bulbs will fix the problem since they take such low voltage to work. The airbag light has been on and I guess it could be an issue with the sensor in the seat or seatbelts. Take it to a reliable autobody place! They can solve most of the issues that the KIA dealer will SCREW you over. I'm about 6' tall and feel like the sorento is a "chick" car. the seats sit up high and don't really adjust so I need to scrunch down to see out the window under the mirror. It does handle well and has power.

Worth checking out
By dstockdale on 04/08/11 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 Sorento in 2009 with only 15,000 miles on it. If you'd have asked me 5 years ago if I'd buy a Kia, I'd have told you no. This one had all the bells and whistles I wanted (heated leather seats, moon roof, etc). Being the 2nd owner, I still had 45K miles left on the bumper to bumper warranty when I purchased it and, here I am at 57,000+ miles and still thrilled. Is it a BMW? No, but I knew that going in. After 2 years of ZERO issues, I'm pretty happy. Oh, it does tend to need headlight and tail lights changed frequently but whatever.... even me, a girl, was able to do that myself and for cheap. Would I recommend, yes, definitely.

Awesome Truck!
By aaronmateo on 02/04/11 21:48 PM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used Sorento about a year and a half ago with 48,000 miles on it and I cannot rave about it enough. Purchased it in Milwaukee and have driven it down to Austin, Texas, back to Milwaukee, back down to Austin, out to New York City, around NYC in the hardcore NY traffic for 5 days, then back to Milwaukee, not to mention a year and a half of miscellaneous city driving. It got me through the Great Blizzard of 2011 this past week too - kicked it into 4-wheel drive and it hummed through apocalyptic levels of snow, wind, and cold like a champ, didn't even flinch. Haven't had a single problem with it. If you're looking for a smaller SUV, have a look at a Sorento. Durable. Reliable. Fun.

I'll never buy another Kia!
By syeats618 on 02/01/11 07:09 AM (PST)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really love the look of my Sorento, however it has been a disappointment. The brake lights have gone out so many times I've lost count, the headlights have burned out, interior lights have burned out, the windshield wiper fluid won't come out, the brakes have been replaced, the tires have been replaced and the jack is too small for the SUV. I had to use 3 different jacks from my neighbors just to clear the tire from the ground to change it. I have just over 61,000 miles on it so the warranty is now out and I have the windshield wiper issue and the light on my console is out. I don't know if it's worth repairing but the sad thing is that I only have 1 more year before it's paid off.

You couldn't pay me to buy another Kia!
By mm2kanda on 07/22/10 23:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased our Kia new Feb. 2006 when it had about 18 miles on it. In less then 6 months the check engine light came on. Not a big fan of dealerships but assuming things are under warranty we take it to the dealership in the town we live in. We are told it's not covered anymore by about 800 miles ago (CO2 sensor). We fixed it ourselves. Light still randomly comes on and goes off. We blow headlamps what had been about 3-6 months apart but now as soon as 10 days. My dash light has been randomly going off for about a year and now my dome light randomly goes on. Our dome light stopped working correctly 2 years ago. Very uncomfortable on long trips especially for tall men. Just a gag car!

Do NOT BUY!
By Eli on 06/24/10 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Sorento new in 2006. Within 2 months of driving it off the lot, I had to replace a tire. At the 3 month mark, the check engine light began coming on repeatedly. In 4 years, I have gone through 2 and a half sets of tires, several tail lights and headlamps. NOW, my air compressor went out and the dealership wants $800+ to fix. Although this is an affordable car initially, it will cost you in the long run. It looks nice, but is not fuel efficient and it makes random noises when you are driving. I regret trading my Corolla for this. I will be getting another Toyota ASAP!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.