2004 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: caveat emptor

2004 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

caveat emptor
By mhuntz on

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

don't be fooled by the "rating" for this vehicle. most posts prior to 2007 are positive. after that, a precipitous fall off in satisfaction. intoxication from "new car smell', "i love you's" and chocolates (in the form of warranty promises from Kia) subside. after the romance, sobriety sets in. the love in the relationship gets tested. and when the $$$ strain hits the relationship, your lover (Kia) tells you to no longer believe in their commitment to the relationship. ("sorry about misleading you" , they exclaim, as they refuse to honor their vows (warranty coverage). Best get a divorce from this loser. Hope you had a pre-nup.

The ones that still operate.

reimburse the hard-working people you've fraudulently duped.
By ronikay
on 08/20/13 16:56 PM (PDT)

I bought my 2004 sorento new. I have only two problems with it..the shock to hold up the rear hatchback quit working..a light in the dash telling what gear you were in burned out..all repairs were done quickly and with any worry of any warranty parts or labor...all repairs were done for free..my car was returned vacuumed and also had been given a car wash....I have done basic upkeep..oil changes.brakes (once),tires,battery and windshield wipers...I have no complaints....honestly out of the 30 new cars(foreign and domestic) I have bought in the past...nothing compares to the quality and reliability of my 2004 kia sorento..I will never sell it..and have bought 3 other new kias since then....all problem free.