Please Buyer Beware
By ambeaubian on
2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I foolishly purchased a 2004 Kia Sorento EX, in 2009, to date I have replaced the following, Crankshaft, rings, bearings, head qasket, radiator, oil pump. At a tune of 5300.00, at that time is how much I owed to pay it off. I now have a burning smell and smoke every morning that I drive it..No mechanic knows why it occurs, Also have the lights to be replaced rear and front, at least 6 times, my dash lights do not come on at all. Then the paint is chipping off of the hood. If the car stays running, its semi-reliable . If there is another two grand I have to put in this car. I will be buying a new one...A Ford.
Favorite Features
If It will work, Its alright vehicle to drive. Its comfortable to a point.
Suggested Improvements
Kia needs to recall these SUV's for the electrical issues period. There should be no reason, that replacing Batteries, lights, wiring issues should not occur this frequently. The sensors all of the issues that other KIA owners are complaining about.
By rels
on 09/27/11 10:19 AM (PDT)

I have a 2004 Kia Sorento.. fortunately, it has been a dream. It now has 124k miles and I recently needed a new radiator. Besides normal maintenance it hasnt had issues. As for the mysterious burning smell.... you probably need new valve seals. My mechanic told me thats what it is because I have the same smell. I believe its $400. If you dont fix it right away, just make sure you check your oil regularly and add if needed. Sorry your having issues. Good Luck.