2004 Kia Sorento 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love driving it - hate

2004 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Love driving it - hate the recent fixes
By Barb on

2004 Kia Sorento LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Original owner. 140,000. Other than the headlight and coolant reservoir issues that ALL 04 Sorentos seem to have, I've replaced the throttle position sensor. Has been reliable and though mostly highway miles, it has never needed brakes (knowing how to drive a stick has helped with that). Doesn't eat tires, and get about 21 mpg. However, PCV and Catalytic Conv. need replacing now. Will be paid off next month and has NO resale value. Will drive it 'til the wheels fall off (fun off road), but hope I can get the parts for my mechanic for the current and upcoming fixes. Almost all must be purchased at the dealer.

Favorite Features

Great SUV for off road. I put larger tires on. Runs with the big dogs in the dirt. Roomy inside. looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the sticking relay switches, headlight replacement, and coolant reservoir problems. Also - anytime I get near 70 mph, the drivetrain vibrates - that never got resolved and when it was out of warranty, it was ignored by the dealer service.