2004 Kia Sorento 3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Extreme Disappointment

2004 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

2004 Kia Sorento LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

LX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Extreme Disappointment
By R. Effingham on

2004 Kia Sorento LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Reading these reviews is like listening to myself complain about this car. I have paint peeling off the roof & mirros, my sunroof won't close properly, I have rust on the trunk, I've replaced two back lights & one front, currently have coolant leaking so heater won't work, have had a/c recharged & again it's not working, light on radio and clock go out, bent steering shaft, and many other little items. Very disappointed, and if I thought I could get what I owed I'd walk away. But can't imagine anyone would pay what I owe for what's left of the car. After replacing the coolant reservoir my next expense will be to have the rust spots repaired. Fun. fun.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the roomy interior, and the height of the vehicle. The handling for the most part is smooth. I enjoy the set up of the radio. But step outside of the car and depression hits when you see the rust. Sad that sunroof-a/c-heater doesn't work.

Suggested Improvements

KIA needs to be a stand up company. See that thousands of owners are having the same problems with the same year vehicle and start recalling. We're honest Americans trying to have a nice vehicle for our families, and KIA is making our lives miserable. Will NEVER own another KIA.
By justkauseica1
on 04/11/11 05:42 AM (PDT)

just a heads up my sister has the same car and just found out that there is complete frame rot and from what she's found out and been told that this is a known problem and not covered under warranty she took hers for some repairs and when they put it on the lift they found that the frame was completely rotted and not safe to drive.