2004 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Love my 2004 Kia!
By LOVE my Kia! on 07/19/06 12:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive an hour each way every day to get to work and back. I cannot tell you how much nicer my Kia has made this daily trip. All I can say is the car has never let me down and is simply a pleasure to drive. When I get another Kia I hope it will be set up for alternative fuels because that is the only thing they could possibly improve as far as I am concerned. Keep up the good work, Kia! Hey, how about throwing in a free set of tires every three years or so? That would be perfect! Thanks again.

Small and thirsty
By Dayna on 07/02/06 23:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I let the style cloud my judgment. This LITTLE SUV is a BIG gas guzzler! I average 12-13 miles per gallon. Most of my driving is city but it's not much better on the highway, 18 mpg at best. Does this little SUV need such a big engine? My 2004 KIA Sorento has been very reliable for the 2-plus years I've owned it, except for the battery and stereo/CD player that have been replaced under warranty. It took nearly 3 months to get the stereo/CD player but the battery was replaced in one visit. I haven't had any non-operation problems.

Love It!
By livelarge_egb on 06/14/06 13:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Kia for 2 1/2 years, went from an Expedition to the Sorento. Wasn't sure at first, but it has been nothing but good to me. I get compliments all the time, have not had one problem, and when it is time to purchase a new vehicle, it will be a Kia. The only thing I don't like is the lack of room in the back seat. I even get a free oil change on the anniversary of my purchase. Overall, it is worth every penny!

Happy Owner
By Vipe on 06/09/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Really like the car! Very stylish and quality looking interior and exterior. Powerful engine goes up hills easily. Has never broken since I have owned it. I bought it used 10 months ago with 23,000 miles and now it has 44,000 miles. Warranty is great if you ever need to use it(so far I have not needed it). This is my second Kia, my first was a 2002 Optima V6. It also was very reliable and I drove it to 78,000 miles before selling it to one of my relatives. There are now 4 Kia owners in my family now. This car is one of the best kept secrets in my opinion.

It's just ok
By LoreB on 05/30/06 22:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the exterior look of the Kia Sorento, which clouded my ability to like any other SUV in its class. I like my Kia, but wish I had been more selective, and taken more time looking. It drives nice enough, has enough power, but, the back seat is cramped. I wish I could mention the dealership where I bought this SUV. I would not recommend it! Test drive the Mazda Tribute or the Hyundai Santa Fe. I should have considered one of these two.

Its a Steal!
By Dan's Kia on 04/17/06 09:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

What a great value. Other than so-so gas mileage, this is a tremendous vehicle. Very dependable and a great warranty.

Still Happy!
By Gary on 04/11/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 2 years and 40,000 miles, I still enjoy driving to and from work every day in my Kia Sorento. My wife also bought a Sorento 9 months after I bought mine and she really likes it too. Both vehicles have been reliable so far and they handle very well on the road. I recommend the Sorento for anyone who wants an SUV but is on a budget.

Satisfied Consumer
By T Fuller on 04/03/06 11:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A big fan of the 5 speed transmission and rear wheel drive. The Sorento handles well in all conditions - particularly off road in difficult situations. Have been able to get out of wet muddy conditions with ease. Hugs the ground well, even on steep incline. Had some electrical problems - cruise control was inoperable - new fuse required only. I am rough on vehicle with many km's but maintain it well. Find pick up off the mark slow at times. Have had the Sorento 2 years with 72,000 km's and just purchased my second with delivery later this week. New one has sideboards for easier child access.

Great SUV to own!
By mmr53 on 03/24/06 21:22 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We gave up the minivan and went to the midsize SUV. It is great! The Kia takes the hills and the roads better than the minivan. It is classy and really fun to drive. Lots of space for hauling things. Perfect to step up in for a shorter person. Too many nice colors to choose from. Great warranty and great service also. Lots for your money. We checked around at all the SUVs and came back to this one. Why pay more for a Lexus, and it is almost the same.

My Kia
By Lore on 03/22/06 08:15 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like my Kia, but I do not love my Kia. I went from an Expedition to a Sorento, so it was quite the shocker. It drives nice, but has an extremely uncomfortable back seat. Hard to get in and out of the back seat. The front seat isn't so roomy either. It drives nicely, and has plenty of power, but next time I'd opt for a larger SUV. Gas mileage is mediocre.