2004 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Fallen out of love
By S Miller on 07/05/07 12:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My review was excellent upon buying this vehicle, but after almost 4 years I am not excited. At 64k miles plastic coolant reservoir cracked ($200). I was 4k miles over 60k warranty. I'm now at 71k and the car rides terribly. Intake manifold issues caused car to resist acceleration, covered by warranty, however the result was burned out spark plugs which cost almost $300 to repair due to their location. The more miles pile up on the vehicle the worse it rides. Currently drives like a 4 cylinder. This car will not make it to the 100k mile mark. If you are looking for a long term vehicle with good gas mileage, this one isn't it.

Take car of your car it takes care of you
By car buyer on 04/25/07 21:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love, love, love this car. We've had it for 3 years now and haven't a single serious problem. It drives great, fun, sporty, cheap! Been a great family car.

Wow, We love it
By satterlee on 03/01/07 21:45 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is a pleasure to drive. Comfortable ride and precise steering.

Gotta love the warranty
By NL on 02/06/07 16:16 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven 42.000 miles in my Kia and have enjoyed most of them. The engine literally died in December and the dealer replaced it completely, zero cost to me, other than the lack of the vehicle for a month. I tow a camper with it.

A Great SUV
By Sharlyn on 01/30/07 12:55 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Sorento for almost 3 years without any problems. The car runs great, takes trails with ease and is very sure-footed in the snow.

Great SUV but not Great Gas Mileage
By DM on 01/02/07 18:18 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Sorento . I wanted something compact but roomy inside and still an SUV type vehicle. I drive 50 miles roundtrip everyday and the gas mileage is not so good. If you don't do a lot of driving then it's a great vehicle.

2 years
By jc on 11/29/06 06:24 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for over 2 years and could not be more satisfied with its quality. It has a great towing capacity for its size, it's rear wheel drive, and the interior is holding up great. The only down size is the gas mileage, but it's worth the extra fuel cost to have such a great sturdy vehicle.

Never again
By Cricket on 11/18/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Every month has been problems & when you try to trade it - be sitting down because you won't get offered much. The last time I handed the dealership the keys & said just pay it out & I'll leave - THEY didn't want it - what does that tell you! I bought it fully loaded with all the bells & spent a lot in add one's - which as long as it doesn't move it looks really pretty. At 32,000 km the tranny started on fire while pulling my new trailer that was rated 8000 pounds less then what the Kia is to be able to haul. This was the 1st new vehicle I've every bought & I kick myself every day for doing it.

Unhappy
By firerep1 on 11/15/06 17:39 PM (PST)

2004 Kia Sorento LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Driving is great, purchased because of the factory warranty. When engine failed Kia failed to honor the warranty.

Problems, problems, problems
By billg on 08/07/06 20:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying this vehicle looks and drives nice and comes with a great warranty. The bad news is that every oil change around 3k miles it needs major repair and stays at the dealer for about a week. Leaks, 2 blown rear ends, exhaust head gasket, drive shaft, oil filter housing have all been replaced with less than 28k. It doesn't cost anything but you lose the vehicle until they can get the parts, and find time to repair it will all the others broken down.