Used 2004 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Will never buy another Kia
By Artouchette

2004 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2004 Kia Sorento used in July 09. Had the bolt drop off three times, since. First two, it was under warranty. Shortly after the second fix by Sports Auto World in Bourne, it developed a new symptom, a burning smell. Took the car to the dealer, he was gone. (along with $1500 for an extended warranty that he never bought) Executive Kia, in New Bedford, MA took it in, and now, it was the Main Gasket?? I asked about the bolt issue, they assured me it was "fine." It died 3 days later. They claim they didn't touch it. Not under warranty. Too bad. I haven't even had the car a full year! Replacing Bolt repeatedly is not reasonable expense.

Better design in drive train parts! Own up to flaws, have integrity!

Love it too much
By Lee

2004 Kia Sorento SUV LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a dilemma.I love my manual transmission Sorento too much and it is aging. I bought it new in Feb 05 and have about 200000km on it. It pulls the 15' boat and loaded double snowmobile trailer.The guys are impressed that I am always right behind them on any trips.I have had a few of the problems others mentioned (coolant bottle leak, head lights burn out, fuel gauge fluctuates, occasionally speedo and cruise cut out) but nothing major.It is manual and as with other manuals I have had 2nd is getting stiff to shift into especially when the engine is not well warmed up.I am considering replacing it due to age/mileage and can't find another manual SUV with all the features I want. Ieeee!

looks,power,manual transmission,4x4

electrical stability (headlight, speedo, cruise issues), use better quality plastic for the coolant bottle

BEWARE of KIA !!
By LWaylett

2004 Kia Sorento SUV LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

KIA Motors does not honor their warranties by FIXING the defects in their vehicles. My 2004 Sorento has had MANY bulbs replaced and Kia service said they did not know what the problem was. Now that my warranty has expired, I find that KIA DID know the harness wiring needed to be replaced so fix the reoccurring problems of headlights/tail lights going out. They knew this back in 2006, and made those changes on their new vehicles in 2007.

Nice looking car. PITIFUL PITIFUL service for Kia operators!

FIX the defects the right way the FIRST time!

Hmmm rethink your Kia sorento purchase
By ITSMECHRISTYMARIE

2004 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Like most sorento owners, I too have replaced tail lights, headlights, clock doesn't work, cd player has a cd stuck in it. Now I was driving home across the state and it overheated and engine shut off. I don't know what happened or if its covered. I still owe beau coup $$$ on it so if it's not covered do I just walk away from the loan? I'm not paying for a car that I cant drive or afford to fix. We'll see if they are more helpful at my dealership that what others have experienced.

Love the power seat, moonroof, radio controls on steering wheel

Get the electrical issues under control

I love my Kia
By Roxy

2004 Kia Sorento SUV LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Kia is an 04 and currently has 92k miles on it. I have changed the oil regularly, just got new tires last year, needed to change the tail lights about once a year. Other than that-new brakes...havent had a problem until now. I have an oil leak and the mechanic has to take the engine apart to find the leak. Said it would be $300-$400. So, not bad for 92k miles. I love my Kia-have had fun driving it. I will keep it until it dies! The gas mileage isnt very good but it is paid off due to the 0% financing I got on it when purchased new. I was rear ended by a very large truck going 45 mph and I was at a complete stop with my baby in the back seat. This Kia took the hit from hell like a champ.

Holds up in an accident very well!!! Perfect height and roomy.

gas mileage could be much better.